Reston, 20190, United States
For more than 24 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence, and law enforcement communities. We are a rapidly-growing company that currently employs a team of more than 800 professionals. SOSi is continuously recruiting for a variety of challenging and rewarding positions throughout the continental U.S. and overseas supporting our various clients.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our IT organization. Candidate must have a proven track record in the support and management of complex server and network environments that support end-to-end services driven solutions across multi-disciplinary platforms.
The Systems Administrator's role is to ensure the service, security and survivability of SOSi’s servers, data storage, directory services (Active Directory), and both enterprise-level and business-level applications. This is achieved by designing, installing, administering and maintaining physical servers, virtual servers and virtual host servers; storage area networks; server operating systems, antivirus/antimalware solutions, data backups and restores; and any other related system-level components.
The Systems Administrator also collaborate with vendors, internal customers and other IT staff to provide technical support for business-level applications. This technical support consists of planning and designing the system-level architecture; installing, configuring and updating the application's server-side software; troubleshooting issues from the server operating system layer on down; and assisting in any other reasonable way to deliver optimal application performance.
Essential Job Duties:
• Service Desk Support: Provide operations support in a 24x7x365 global environment which includes, but is not limited to server and applications setup/configuration/testing, and troubleshooting of all systems/applications in multiple data centers. Support of server environments; risk management; security compliance, vulnerability practices, patching, upgrades and O&M, measured against internal IT SLAs.
• Network Administration: Configures and maintains global network hardware operations. Provide analysis and recommendations pertaining to server and network optimization and enhancements to improve performance and increase efficiency.
• Hardware and Software Support: Effectively install and support server and client hardware/software.
• Inventory Control: Maintains accurate inventory of hardware and software. Ensures compliance to software licensing.
• Cloud Technologies: Participate in designing, implementation planning and executing hybrid-Cloud solutions for SOSi. Provide support for various cloud technologies to include Amazon Web Services and VMware vCloud.
• Database Maintenance: Provide support for both Oracle and SQL database technologies.
• Project Support: Provide IT project support for internal IT organization technology initiatives and program/operations technology initiatives. Job Requirements:
• Ability to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- U.S. citizenship required
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
• 5 years in IT operations & administration
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following:
- Server environments, up to and including server hardware, virtual servers, server network connectivity, operating system software and server application software
- Microsoft Active Directory, including domain environments, DHCP, DNS, WINS and group policy objects
- Storage area networks (SANs)
- Server disaster recovery and data backup/restore systems
- One or more enterprise applications (e.g., SQL Server, Exchange Server, Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Forefront Identity Manager, SharePoint, etc.)
• Basic support knowledge of business applications
• Must possess excellent communication skills, analytical abilities, and personnel management skills
• Hands-on manager willing and able to dig-in and get hands dirty
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive company and employee information Additional Information
• Project management skills a definite asset
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
• Strong written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
• Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Prior experience working in a U.S. Government contracting environment
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• 24x7 on-call availability as needed
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and other IT equipment
• Regular local and occasional overseas travel may be required, possibly to remote areas with potential hazards and hardships
Candidates fluent in the following languages will be given preference:
• Mandarin Chinese
• Haitian Creole
• Jamaican Patois
Ductmate Industries, Inc.
Charleroi, PA 15022, United States
The Applications Engineer will be a member of a residential project team assembled to analyze current HVAC system practices from inception to installation utilized by large home builders throughout the U.S and Canada. The incumbent will support the team through data analysis, code interpretation and design with manufacturing support in an effort to develop a new approach for the home builder to offer a state of the art engineered predictable and consistent energy star rated HVAC system that is not only virtually leak free but performs to spec with regard to energy consumption and air delivery characteristics.
Principal Functions and Duties
Team member working in tandem with the project team, home builders and architects to develop energy efficient, engineered air delivery residential HVAC system that can be standardized as a package (model) and incorporated as part of the home blue prints.
Development and technical lead of future program to continually work with home builders and architects on inclusion of standard HVAC system models, enhancements and construction considerations in design of home.
Technical liaison between home builders and project team
Data analysis and common practice identification of current residential HVAC system design and installation techniques.
Residential code identification and outline as it relates to the HVAC system, current and future.
Air flow characteristics, volume exchange and atmospheric analysis
Consolidated system, duct and duct component design
Focus on standardization of duct design
Maintaining a positive and productive work environment
Engaging and working with other team members and department heads to best mesh cross functions and initiatives creating optimum performance for all processes.
· Additional duties / projects as assigned Job Requirements: Job Requirements
Travel – estimate of 5% - 30% of time (Continental U.S.)
4 yr degree in Engineering or Architectural major
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
HVAC system design experience a plus
Experience with the Energy Star Home or LEED programs a plus
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 724-310-1265
Minden, NV , United States
R.O. Anderson Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary consulting firm, specializing in civil engineering, hydrology and hydraulics, water resources, surveying and land use planning. This position will work under the direction of the infrastructure focus group’s engineering manager in our Minden, NV office. Engineering projects are located throughout northern Nevada and Eastern California.
This is an experienced position involved in non‐routine and complex assignments. The Project Engineer works with the Principal Engineer or Engineering Manager to develop design concepts which are incorporated in final product by Staff Designers and Engineers. The Project Engineer, in role of project leader, may begin to handle some project management tasks but will primarily work on technical aspects.
• Serves as project engineer with significant autonomy for project related tasks and as a designated client contact. May have project manager responsibilities on smaller, less complex projects.
• Prepares and monitors project budgets for smaller, less complex projects.
• Responsible for project schedules and timely completion of smaller, less complex projects.
• Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, scoping and marketing strategies for proposed projects.
• Assists in the preparation of engineering agreements for his/her projects within the department.
• Prepares design computations and quantity estimates.
• Prepares or modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction documents, studies, permits and designs for various projects.
• Develops construction cost estimates for his/her projects.
• Attends client and public meetings—days or nights.
• Handles routine contract administration.
• May direct and/or supervise the work of other engineer's activities on his/her projects.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
• Instructs CADD technicians to reduce designs to working drawings.
• May serve as onsite project representative.
• Visits construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
• Responsible for project team quality system tasks. Job Requirements:
•Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering from an accredited four‐year college or university and a minimum 3 years experience or the equivalent thereof.
•Licensed driver in the State of Nevada with a clean driving record.
•P.E. license required or the ability to obtain license in the State of Nevada within 12 months of hire.
•Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. See our web site for more information about the company and the employment benefits.
The Zbitnoff Group
Balitmore, MD , United States
We are working with a highly successful, multi discipline east coast consulting firm with numerous offices through out the eastern seaboard. This is a progressive growth oriented firm that values their employees. The management team rewards hard work but also recognizes the importance of personal and family needs. The company is consistently recognized as one the top engineering companies to work for in the country. They have very competitive salaries and offer an extensive benefits package that is equal or better that most of their competitors. This is an excellent growing organization that provides an immediate opportunity as well as long term growth and challenge.
We are seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer for our client’s Baltimore office. They have a significant backlog and want to add another senior engineer to their staff. The person in this position will be responsible for providing structural analysis and rehabilitation of complex bridges, including the routine and in-depth inspection of concrete cable stayed bridges. This is great chance to join an outstanding engineering team with proven success and opportunity for growth and advancement. If you are looking for a chance to move up in the bridge engineering and inspection field, this is the position you have been waiting for.
WHY WORK WITH US
The Zbitnoff Group is a group of professionals that specializes in finding and placing civil/environmental engineers. Our firm was founded and is managed by a licensed civil engineer with more than 27 years of experience in the civil engineering industry. We use that experience to develop an in-depth understanding of our client’s and our candidate’s needs. Our clients highly respect our knowledge and our process so that we are able to communicate directly with the hiring authorities to present and discuss a candidate’s specific qualifications. As a candidate, this ensures that your information will not get lost in the pile of unqualified submittals. We also recognize the importance of confidentiality. Our process enables candidates to consider other employment alternatives with out jeopardizing their existing employment. We can and do make a difference in the job search process. Please visit www.tzgrp.net or contact us by phone to find out how we can help make a positive change in your career. Job Requirements: The successful candidate will be a registered PE with 10 or more years of structural bridge engineering and inspection experience. Previous experience with cable stayed bridge inspection is mandatory. In addition the candidate must have strong communication skills, personnel supervision experience, and excellent project management capabilities. NBIS Inspection Team Leader certification also required. A Master's degree in civil or structural engineering is preferred. There is an excellent total compensation and benefit package waiting for you.
Please contact Bill Zbitnoff for consideration at email@example.com or call 866-883-1313. Please reference job #TZG1978
Keywords: Senior Bridge Engineer, Bridge inspection, Cable stayed bridge design and inspection, Baltimore Maryland