Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a global Fortune 200 diversified manufacturing company that delivers specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. ITW, with approximately 14.1 billion dollars in global revenues, operates 7 major segments with businesses in 57 countries that employ approximately 45,000 women and men. These talented individuals, many of whom have specialized engineering or scientific expertise, contribute to our global leadership in innovation. We are proud of our broad portfolio of more than 16,000 active patents.
ITW North American Stamped Fastener Division, (NASF), serves the major OEMs and Tier suppliers in the North American automotive market. The division supplies stamped metal fasteners and engineered fastener assemblies that leverage our deep-draw stamping technologies. The annual revenue for the division is approximately $160M. Locations include: Gallatin TN, Lexington KY & Naugatuck CT.
The Division drives profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, NASF enhances our customers’ competitive advantage by:
- Maintaining advanced engineering and manufacturing facilities in N.A.
- Exchanging product, process, and benchmarking information with sister units worldwide.
- Continually improving processes, material, and designs to ensure every product exceeds customer specifications while providing unparalleled value.
The position will report to the quality manager and is responsible for meeting the expectations of ITW and its customers regarding Delivery and Quality of all products manufactured in their assigned Business Unit. Also, responsible for the implementation of corporate, division and plant quality procedures in a collaborative manner into their assigned business unit or commodity lines, will also assure the Business Unit team members are trained and adhere to the quality system procedures.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the level of the ITW leadership expectations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required and other duties as assigned by manager:
- Ensures that all Quality related activities are carried out in a consistent and safe manner. Responsible to address any unsafe or non-environmentally friendly practices by any employee that is witnessed in any area on throughout the manufacturing floor or in the office areas.
- Owner of all customer responses and activities for the assigned commodity; this includes but is not limited to:
- Accessing customer specific web portals for data collection or reporting as required
- Visits to customer locations and or suppliers as required
- Coordinating of Customer returns of non-conforming product
- Coordination of containment, sort, and rework activities both internal & external that minimize costs and assure effectiveness
- Assuring customer issues and communications are timely and resolved expediently with robust corrective and preventive actions
- Maintaining and publishing specified customer and plant metrics
- Effectively supports and understands the ITW Product Development System (APQP-NPD) and overall launch responsibility. Responsible to complete on time all deliverables assigned to the Quality Engineer and support program Gate reviews. QE deliverables includes ownership for the PFMEA, Control Plan, Production Validation Plan (PVP), Process Capability Studies, Gage/Test Equipment planning, tryout, and qualification.
- Responsible for creating work instructions, responsible to control processes, PFMEA, control plans, gauge instructions, Inspection Instruction standard sheets.
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with production, suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrences of non‐conformances
- Participate on the internal audit teams ( TS16949, LPA, 5s)
- Help drive quality continuous improvement activities/processes to reach the “Zero Defect” mentality within the automotive industry.
- Min 3 years’ experience in relevant manufacturing processes and automotive industry preferably tier 1
- Successful experience within a Tier 1 or 2 Automotive Supplier manufacturing facility
- Advanced knowledge of Automotive OEM quality standards, systems, tools and processes
- Successful Product Launch / Production Start-up experience including documentation, testing, data collection, and reporting
- Experience supporting the APQP- PPAP process to successful conclusion.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS16949 requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering Discipline or equivalent/relevant experience
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or equivalent is preferred
- Metallurgist certification or equivalent experience preferred.
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office, SPC, Technical Drawings (GD&T)
- Strong problem-solving skills
Critical Competencies for Success
- Excellent Communication Skills – Maintains an open flow of two-way communication, exhibiting strong verbal, written and presentation skills, stating expectations clearly and being visible to all stakeholders. Being a good listener is a critical success factor.
- Impeccable Integrity – Embodies and practices unquestioned personal and business integrity. Recognized as a highly credible team member. Creates an environment of trust by acting with fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing
rationale for decisions.
- Team Player – An aggressive, results-oriented individual who, at the same time, is the consummate team player who can effectively negotiate with others to achieve win-win outcomes. He or she will be well respected by senior management, peers, and subordinates, and will be secure in his or her technical abilities.
- Open Minded – A resilient and committed leader with a flexible and open operating style; non-political and non-bureaucratic; someone with a natural and effective consultative approach who will gain the trust and respect of individuals at all levels.
Illinois Tool Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.