Why is ITW a great place to work? We think and act like entrepreneurs, we embrace autonomy, make decisions, and take ownership. We are always focused on helping our people reach their full potential. Most importantly, we value our 5 core values that drive our decision making; integrity, respect, trust, shared risk, simplicity.
We offer competitive pay and benefits that supplement your life both inside & outside of work. We support your community involvement from financial gifts with our 3-for-1 matching program and volunteering opportunities with our strong partnerships with United Way and David Speer Academy. ITW Automotive Body & Fuel NA manufactures interior components and fuel housings for OEMs and their top-tier suppliers. Are you up to the challenge?
The Sourcing Engineer will report to the Division Strategic Sourcing Manager. An ideal, qualified Sourcing Engineer will work to support the divisions short and long-term initiatives and ensure our new product development is competitive. The Sourcing Engineer will also effectively communicate with Suppliers, Engineering, Operations and will ideally have background in procurement, project management and electrical and electronic components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate, lead Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VA/VE) processes to achieve Division’s sourcing saving objectives.
· Identify, lead and track cost savings opportunities in support of cost savings target
· Manage sourcing activity coordination and processes for sourcing duties relating to new product development including leading or participating in supplier selection, capability assessment, quality improvement, and supplier readiness.
· Support to minimize obsolescence during launches, engineering changes and end of production
· Issue RFQ´s to vendors for competitive quotes for purchased parts, resins, components, tools, outside services and outsourcing molding and / or assembly
· Negotiates with suppliers to obtain best agreement possible with regards to quantities, delivery, quality, price, terms & conditions, etc
· Lead the development and maintenance of supplier management process, supplier selection, scorecards, and supplier evaluation
· Helps develop purchasing plans and programs to be implemented in accordance with corporate policies and objectives
· Knowledge and experience in PCBA assembly processes; familiarity with Gerber files
· Application knowledge of LEDs and lighting control integration solutions
· Experienced in technical documents, bill of materials and coordinate with stakeholders to implement changes
· Act as a central liaison between suppliers, and Body and Fuel division
· Review of supplier capacity studies and tool tracking sheet
· Evaluate existing and potential suppliers’ capabilities; recommend and implement changes in supply base and work on supply base consolidation
· Knowledge of relevant Automotive industry standards such as: ISO 9001, IATF 16949, ISO2600/20400
· Effectively manage work output in changing business environments balancing conflicting and overlapping priorities from stakeholders
· 10-15% travel (domestic and international)
· Represent the organization in a professional and ethical manner in all aspects of position
• Ensures Accountability
• Action Oriented
• Manages Ambiguity
• Communicates Effectively
• Manages Complexity
• Manages Conflict
• Drives Results
· Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required.
· At least 3 to 5 years of experience in procurement, commodity management, electronic product development, sourcing, and project management.
· Familiarity with one or more of the following areas printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) design and fabrication best practices, familiarity of electro-mechanical design, CAD/CAM methods & applications, material selection, inspection/ testing/validation techniques.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
· Must be proactive in work assignments and thrive successfully in a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.