The Electrical Engineer will:
• Lead the development of custom control systems, including specifications, layouts, schematics, logic diagrams, wiring, grounding, and other custom control hardware required for machine control systems
• Compose protection and control equipment specifications
• Be the contact liaison for technical issues with the customer
• Develop and execute start-up, testing and commissioning plans
• Coordinate with team members on technical matters to meet project specifications, cost control and schedule objectives
• Interface with internal and external team members such as principal engineers, control engineers, electrical designers, project managers, engineering leaders and support organizations
• Involvement with the controls scope for proposals, including writing and/or reviewing technical specifications, estimating design man-hours and materials, supporting sourcing for vendor quotations, and the development of clarifications and exceptions as well as technical responses
• Initiate and execute design and process improvements
• Work in conjunction with team to ensure new machine or process designs are compliant with current specifications detailed in industry codes
• Master knowledge of the products related to industrial controls i.e. VFD’s, HMI’s, PLC’s, motion control systems, Robotics, etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• 5 or more years of prior industrial controls and automation experience on projects of various sizes and complexities
• Highly innovative and capable of thinking differently
• Experience with PLC programming required.
• Knowledge of and experience using industry standards and codes, and ability to engineer design based on customer specifications
• Ability to take projects from design to completion
• Previous experience with custom design, programming and troubleshooting of vision, motion and robotic systems preferred