As a Mechanical Engineer, you own the development of high quality and innovative products from design concept to release for production. The position requires a self-driven, creative engineer to design products and drive development in a fast paced, friendly, and supportive team environment. The position requires a demonstrated capability of Mechanical Design, must have excellent team and project management skills, and have a strong sense of urgency in order to support product development and engineering efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are duties and responsibilities for the position. Other duties or functions may be performed as assigned.
• Planning and executing product designs using Creo Parametric 3D modeling software.
• Design products from initial concept or from modifications of existing designs.
• Design advanced components and assemblies manufactured via injection molding, die casting, machining, forming and stamping which may include electrical or electronic components.
• Prepare engineering assembly drawings, detail drawings, BOM’s and sketches as required.
• Schedule and conduct engineering design reviews.
• Create renderings of concepts to demonstrate ideas.
• Use various 3D printing technologies and shop tools to create prototypes.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate design & drawing archives and revision history utilizing the Windchill product data management system.
• Setting up Project Plans, Gantt Charts and SOW’s on a per project basis.
• Maintain project schedules and provide weekly reporting of project status.
• Manage changing priorities and deadlines with agility.
• Works with current suppliers to resolve engineering design issues.
• Oversee the development and manufacturing of physical prototypes for testing.
• Perform functional tests and root cause analysis for products, systems and equipment.
• Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
• Detailing specifications for parts, testing and assembly.
• Documents and reports testing outcomes.
• Support Product Assurance group to create QA procedures and documentation for production.
• Assists in the design, construction, test, and validation of test equipment.
• Create customer facing documentation for sales support, renderings, Specification sheets, etc.
• Provide product training as required across company departments.
• Keep up to date on industry trends and competitive products.
Knowledge and Technical Skill Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following knowledge and skills:
• Design experience with plastic injection molding required.
• At least 3 years of experience with CAD design application (Creo Parametric).
• Design for manufacturability experience.
• Advanced knowledge of injection molding, die casting, machining and metal forming processes
• Be able to communicate effectively while working in a team environment.
• Must have advanced math skills and reading comprehension.
• Proficiency in the use of computers and application software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suites).
• Self-starter and “hands on”.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to setup, maintain, and use 3D Printers
• Ability to troubleshoot 3D printers
• Basic Electronic theory.
Bachelor’s degree from a college or university in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent; and 2+ years industry experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel may be required to customer installations, or test sites, or other locations to support design efforts. Estimated travel 10%.