The Senior Hardware Engineer position is part of the Midtronics Platform team. This team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of automotive battery and electrical system test equipment platforms. The Senior Hardware Engineer job responsibilities include all aspects of hardware design and development to ensure performance, reliability, and an overall high-quality product. In this role, the Senior Hardware Engineer will work in design teams and on individual projects. The Platform Engineering team is responsible for all engineering activities on tester, charger, and electric vehicle battery management platforms.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Electronics hardware design and development that delivers a high-quality, reliable, on-time product that meets our customers’ needs.
- 60-80% - Development work
- New platform development
- New design product technical ownership/leadership
- Create and maintain product technical documentation – specification, design documents.
- Designing and troubleshooting microcontrollers and embedded mixed-signal systems at the component level.
- Perform schematic capture, work with layout resources, and perform board bring-up and development validation on designs.
- Initiate and participate in hardware/platform design reviews.
- Work closely with other departments (mechanical, software, production, etc) to support ongoing design tasks and projects.
- Work with Supply Chain and suppliers in component selection, approval and manufacturing.
- Understands intended business use of the designs and develops solutions to meet business needs.
- Estimate work effort and perform to those estimations.
- Work closely with the customer and technical teams to understand needs/problems and develop designs and solutions to solve these problems.
- Continually improving hardware engineering process by working on improvement initiatives.
- Be proactive in designs and architectures for future platform development decisions to maximize reuse and cost efficiencies.
- Maintain and use hardware engineering standards.
- Resolve technical questions and issues post-delivery.
- 20-40% - Maintenance, troubleshooting support
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent – MBA a Plus
- 5 - 7+ years’ experience in product design for commercial and/or industrial devices a plus
- Demonstrated work experience with complex mixed signal, digital and analog design - expertise in design, development, testing and debugging
- Ability to provide technical assessment and leadership to other project team members and departments
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with UL, CB Scheme, etc. would be a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits; Life & Disability Insurance at no Additional Cost; 401(K) Savings Plan with Company Match; Annual Bonus & Profit-Sharing Opportunities; Generous Vacation & Holiday Schedules; Reimbursement for Continuing Education & 50% of Textbook costs; Onsite Wellness Screening & Flu Shots; Subsidized Health Club Memberships; Auto Supplier Discounts; Free Charging Stations for Plug-In Hybrids & EVs in Parking Lot; Monthly Employee Meeting/Lunch; Friday Breakfasts; Annual Picnic, Holiday and other events.