About Our Company
Diode Dynamics is a manufacturer of automotive LED lighting and accessories. Located in St. Charles, Missouri, our innovative products and superior service are rapidly making us one of the leading companies in the industry. To learn more, please visit our website at http://www.diodedynamics.com.
As a Principal Engineer at Diode Dynamics, you will lead the electrical engineering team through all phases of the product development cycle, effectively interfacing with other departments to coordinate product realization and resource allocation. You will be expected to mentor the engineers on your team and help to increase efficiency and capabilities of individual contributors. You, with the support of your team, will be expected to design automotive LED lighting products, with a focus on high performance and reliability, integration of innovation, and user-controllable features. You will plan, review, and execute on new product ideas, based on customer feedback, company goals, and your own creativity. You will become a key member of a quickly- expanding team in a fast-paced environment.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Design responsibility for electrical designs on all new products, including LED drivers, integrated LED lighting systems, and power control systems, supporting all work with documentation including electrical specifications, schematics, BOMs, and wiring diagrams while meeting product planning requirements and target cost.
- Firmware and hardware design for embedded systems, utilizing analog and digital inputs with live analysis, user interaction, and serial communication.
- Integration of subassemblies (mechanical and electrical) into prototype units; coordinate continuing product development, test, system verification, and validation, throughout the development process and into production release.
- Act as hands-on leader of electrical engineering department, assuming responsibility for overall quality and timeliness of work completed, and oversight of all related tasks. This position reports directly to our director of engineering and will be a leadership role with (3) three direct reports.
- Contribution in APQP meetings, confirming design goals, timeline, and resource requirements for development of all new products.
- Feasibility review of product ideas with both internal and external customers, offering suggestions and feedback for end goals for cosmetics, quality, features, and performance.
- Other core responsibilities include DFM focus, quality improvements, BOM/cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status and design opportunities to management.
- CAD Software: Altium Designer, MPLAB X IDE, IAR
- Operating System Software: Microsoft Windows
- Project Management Software: Kanboard
- ERP Software: Odoo
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related degree.
- Experience with 12V electronics and/or automotive LED lighting systems.
- Experience with 8-bit microprocessors and C programming language.
- Experience and knowledge with LIN and CAN serial communication protocols and peripherals.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices and protocols.
- Must be hands-on, with experience designing products, creating prototypes, physical assemblies, and/or manufacturing support.
- Should have automotive industry experience or be an automotive enthusiast.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and provide guidance to other team members.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, ability to complete project goals with minimal supervision with high attention to detail and quality of work.
- Highly organized and accurate in communication.
- Strong time management skills with good planning and judgment, to accomplish goals within challenging deadlines.
- Working Environment& Physical Job Requirements
- Development office/Manufacturing plant environment
- Fast paced; 6-8 month project timelines for design, validation, and release.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Hands on with hundreds of individual components.
- Working Environment& Physical Job Requirements
- Competitive salary, full-time
- Business hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am - 4 pm.
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans effective the 1st of the month after your start date.
- 401(k): Full match up to 4% salary, eligible after 1-year employment.
- All major holidays off and paid.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - 10 days per year.
- Employee profit-sharing plan: Up to 5% of salary bonus possible, based on financial performance.
Diode Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions on the basis of ability and job-related qualifications, without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other classification proscribed under law.