Ziehm Imaging - Orthoscan Inc. is currently seeking a motivated, career-oriented professional with a positive can-do attitude to join our team as a full-time Electrical Engineer located in Scottsdale, AZ.
Why Work for Ziehm Imaging - Orthoscan Inc.?
There's something special about Ziehm-Orthoscan. There's a sense of pride that comes from building a product that helps improve people’s lives and making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals. We know the success of Ziehm-Orthoscan depends on every employee in our organization, it is our people who make the difference.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our assets: our brand, our financial strength, our global reach, and the strong commitment of our management and employees.
Our journey focuses on leveraging our strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected companies in the world.
What do we offer?
- The challenge of meaningful work - we offer constant opportunities to grow and develop world-class skills and a truly rewarding career.
- A unique culture where people convert their passion into action.
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
- Nine paid holidays plus a generous PTO and vacation time plan.
- Great benefit plans, major medical, dental and vision.
- Company 401(k) plan with an employer match.
- Competitive Salary
What do we expect from you?
- You have a passion for serving others.
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work.
- A spirit of collaboration - you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities.
- The ability and experience to perform the job duties successfully.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be working in the R&D department on new and existing medical products. This is a “hands-on” role for the electronic design of medical devices. This includes schematics capture, PCB layout, testing, debugging/troubleshooting to the component level, and migration of your design through the Verification and Validation effort and into full production. You also will assist with coordination of electrical engineering support for Production, Service, Sales, Regulatory, and Supply Chain Management.
- Design electronic systems, schematic capture, PCB layout, build and test prototypes
- Build, test and validate products to IEC60601-1 4th addition standards
- Write and review electrical engineering documentation and work instructions
- Develop technical solutions to achieve marketing/sales requirements to ISO13485 standards
- Manage vendors, procure quotes, and manage prototype schedules and deadlines
- Drive electrical engineering design standards and best practices
- Solder, rework, and modify surface-mount PCBs
Basic Qualifications: Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or a related field is required.
- 5+ years related experience
- Experience with video processing and/or x-ray imaging (desired but not necessary)
- Medical Device design experience (desired but not necessary)
- Proficient with IPC, ISO, and IEC standards
- Experience with high voltage systems
- Digital and Analog design experience
- Knowledge of Programmable logic design (FPGAs, CPLDs, etc.)
- Experience in verifying products meet regulatory/safety standards, using outside test agencies
- Experience with power supply design (Buck/Boost and Flyback topologies)
- Experience with microprocessors (8, 16, 32 bit)
- Familiar with EDA tools for schematic capture and board layout (Altium or similar)
- Experience in authoring technical and regulatory-driven documents
- Knowledgeable of embedded programming (desired but not necessary)
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Keep abreast of new products, trends, and practices within the field/scope of practice as needed
- This is a hands-on position; that requires a high level of trust with unrestricted access to products, code and documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must feel comfortable asking questions when clarity is needed
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with a willingness to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Having knowledge of and demonstrating a willingness to work through different cultures’ beliefs, values, and traditions is a must
We support a drug free work environment