Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
The Manufacturing Engineer for our Spokane facility will plan, direct, and coordinate manufacturing processes in industrial plant by using knowledge of components construction, manufacturing processes, analyze engineering design impacts and concepts of products, platforms, and programs. Support of Production CAD and CNC programming needs. Ability to source and size equipment upgrades. Design custom tools/equipment in support of production.
Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 5am - 3:30 pm
- Effectively lead or actively participate in:
- Development of programs for new and improved manufacturing processes in support of existing businesses and in preparation for new business.
- Evaluation, development and enhancement of manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Evaluation of existing processes, suggesting measures for improvement, and configuring manufacturing system to reduce cost and improve sustainability.
- Analysis of parts stress, failure and root cause analysis, identify and resolve technical issues that adversely impact quality and reliability of supplier products.
- Planning and coordination of manufacturing processes. Collaborate with planning and staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Work closely with project teams and have occasional contact with business development functions.
- Review, approval and/or modification manufacturing engineering product designs.
- Improve manufacturing processes by ensuring the manufacturing engineering team and other manufacturing departments work together cohesively. Including but not limited to:
- Confer regularly with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Provide accurate quotations to sales on estimate costs for customer required products.
- Analyze data and prepare, as necessary:
- Charts, reports, or presentations to communicate results and conclusion of projects.
- Statistical Process Controls for adherence to quality standards and identifying future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Manufacturing variances, i.e., cycle times, labor, material allocation, manufacturing feasibility.
- Quote to Part (Q2P)- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and are aligned with Pyrotek product portfolio, development and sales goals.
- Budgets, bids and contracts.
- Estimate production times and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Analyze and plan to maximize efficiency through:
- Apply appropriate statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Work force utilization, realistic plans based on degree of difficulty and the machinist’s ability to complete
- Space requirements of material and equipment
- Workflow through the shop
- Design layout of equipment and workspace
- As needed, use CAD software such as Solidworks and AutoCAD to create part drawings. Read and interpret drawings and programs CNC equipment in accordance with blueprints using systems such as Cutworks.
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience: Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering, or related field plus eight (8) years of experience/training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical certificate in Industrial Technology and/or CAD/CAM, Solidworks a plus.
Current USA Passport or ability to obtain is a plus.
- Core People Skills. Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Ability to work multifunctionally and obtain collaboration among multiple functional groups is required.
- Communications Skills. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in a positive or negative situation, listen and obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely and editing work for spelling and grammar.
- Computer/Application Skills. Proficient computer skills using a variety of software applications systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Solidworks, AutoCAD, and CNC programing.
- Core Business Skills. Ability to present and explain system information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding. Solid project management skills with ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment. Experience as internal/external spokesperson regarding technology or strategy, including ability to conduct executive presentations. Demonstrated experience with technical problem-solving. Ability to be flexible in accommodating priorities and working hours to support business needs.
- Engineering. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problem solving. Strong analysis, design and implementation experience. Ability to drive a culture of continuous improvement and proactive approaches. Experience with tool design, product/process risk assessment, equipment design and automation, test methods development and validation, design verification, process technical writing.
- Travel. Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed is a plus.
Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time, bend, reach, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 25 pounds frequently. Must be able to communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Generally, work in an office environment, will be required to go onto plant floor frequently as needs/issues arise. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The minimum and maximum salary range for this full-time position is $65,730 - $98,600 + benefits. Relocation benefits may be available, if deemed applicable based on candidate location.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education and/or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in this posted role reflect the base salary only and do not include bonus or benefits.
Pyrotek benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation
- 401(k) with generous match
- Profit Sharing
- Supplemental Benefits
For a full summary of Pyrotek's benefit offerings, please click HERE.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice