MillerⓇ is about building things that matter. We lead the welding industry in building advanced, solution-focused products and meeting crucial needs for welding safety and health.
We’re about the partnership and the work. Our products are designed with our users for manufacturing, fabrication, construction, aviation, motorsports, education, agriculture and marine applications.
Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin, and wholly owned by Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW). The company maintains its industry leadership by setting the standard for reliability, quality and responsiveness. Our tagline, “The Power of Blue®,” is inspired by the blue color of Miller equipment.
The company began with an innovation that responded to customer needs, growing from a one-man operation in 1929, to the world’s largest manufacturer of arc welding products. Miller keeps the tradition alive by focusing on its top priority: people.
The Warehouse Manufacturing Engineer, for Welding Accessories and Cutting (WAC), will drive actions that achieve results in key areas of the business including safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost savings.
The Warehouse Manufacturing Engineer will focus on plant layout re-design to keep a safe workplace, increase product storage, and improve operational efficiencies. Expansion of technology for measurable inventory accuracy improvements and development of labor tracking tools. This position will also be responsible to coordinate Division’s maintenance activities and lead capital (Capex) projects.
- Ownership of warehouse labor and storage capacity and planning.
- Lead and coordinate capital projects with internal teams and vendors.
- Leverages experience to lead projects related to warehouse layouts design, storage, and to optimize space utilization.
- Develop and maintain warehousing performance metrics to identify opportunities for measurable improvements.
- Responsible to coordinate WAC’s building preventive and reactive maintenance & facilities activities.
- Ensure that warehousing processes represent the most efficient methods for maximizing daily billable revenue.
- Lead safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cost saving initiatives through employee involvement and ITW toolbox principles.
- Implement technology advancements that improve fill rates and inventory accuracy.
- Maintain and develop warehouse layout in AutoCAD to collaborate with the warehouse Supervisor and/or warehouse Manager.
- Work closely with operations team to maintain and improve the order fulfillment environment to respond to changing customer needs and demands through facilitating area layouts, executing action plans, and selecting equipment to improve manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with safety committee and team members to implement projects to keep a safe workplace.
- Demonstrate and encourage effective communication to personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Build employee relationships through daily, open, and direct communication while encouraging creativity and innovation.
- Participate and lead committees/teams as needed.
- Build & maintain a network of inter-company peers and subject matter experts for consultation on best practices that provide superior cost, quality, and delivery of our products to our customers.
- Drive customer service within all areas of the division.
- Coordinate during emergency repairs and non-routine maintenance to ensure continuous production flow.
- Works with vendors/contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3+ years related warehouse experience
- 3+ years AutoCAD experience
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, D365).
- Technical acumen desired
- Strong initiative and follow through
- Experience in lean manufacturing concepts, quality measurements and OSHA requirements.
- Experience in driving employee involvement/engagement and encouraging creativity.
- Demonstrates understanding of cost drivers
- Proven ability to apply ITW principles
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, takes personal accountability, coaches, listens, and is approachable.
- Ability to resolve issues/conflicts in a timely manner.
- Strong oral, written and communication skills
- Great communication and prioritization skills, be a self-starter, work very efficiently with minimum supervision, and perform well in a team-oriented environment.
- Organized, very detail oriented, and willing to seek out information to ensure full and accurate documentation.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws