Watershed Innovation is within the Correct Craft family of companies. We are involved in a wide range of existing and emerging software technologies aimed at innovating new software and hardware products for the marine industry. We currently develop mobile/web-based applications, telematics software, controls software, and provide data analytics to various brands within the Correct Craft family.
Watershed aims to work with and invest in early-stage, high-growth companies that have emerging or disruptive technologies and then integrate these ideas into markets we understand. We strive toward success in all things we do, all while focusing on making lives better for our customers, employees, and the world around us.
As a Correct Craft Company, Watershed’s core values are built around people, performance, and philanthropy, and we approach business with these in mind. Our extensive network through our sister companies means we are connected to world-class brands, distribution and operations. We partner with companies developing technologies that are strategically aligned with our business including energy and propulsion, artificial intelligence, software and analytics, advanced materials, sensors, wireless, robotics and automation. For more information please visit http://watershedinnovation.com
The Embedded Software Supervisor will oversee junior software developers and be responsible for the overall safety, reliability, and performance of electrical control systems. This includes high-level reporting and analysis for troubleshooting, problem resolution, and product enhancements. The supervisor will need to communicate clearly and effectively with management and peers in both engineering and production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages operations in his/her area to ensure the safe and timely completion of production schedules or department work by effectively utilizing people, equipment, and material. This includes ensuring that job assignments and work are set up for junior employees.
- Supervises employee activities. This includes evaluation and discipline; overall performance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems; initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve goals; and effective communication with associates.
- Teaches junior engineers tools used for embedded software development.
- Teaches junior engineers methods of documentation and quality/revision control procedures for embedded software updates.
- Teaches junior engineers' use of tools for troubleshooting, including tools that connect to products for trace data that can be used for further analysis, recommendations, and improvements.
- Ensures that the team’s overall quality levels (quality of product or department work) and on-time delivery schedules are maintained.
- Tracks and reports out regularly on project progress and status related to deadlines for the program/software engineering team.
- Maintains safe working conditions in his/her area. Continually works on safety awareness with associates. Enforces safety regulations.
- Inspects production/department work to verify conformance to specifications and directs any adjustments as needed.
- Studies production/department work schedules and estimates employee hour requirements for completion of work. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production/department schedules and goals.
- Continually works on process improvement and department efficiency. This includes recommendations to improve: production methods, equipment performance, overall work quality, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Communicates with other supervisors or managers as needed to coordinate activities of respective departments or areas.
- Actively participates with the entire Operation Team to support strategic plans and implement initiatives.
- Must comply with all OSHA and safety procedures.
Skills and abilities for success in this position:
- Strong interpersonal, writt,en and verbal communication skills with the ability to work closely with all members of the organization
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to juggle and manage competing tasks and demands and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Abilitjudgmentssound judgements and take the initiative to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions/choices within the functional area of responsibility with minimal direct supervision
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly.
Knowledge, Education, and or Experience required:
- BS in Software Product Engineering or related Engineering field
- Understanding of the fundamentals of electrical engineering and systems
- Proficient in C/C++ and Codesys programming languages
- Proficient in CANBUS systems and related diagnostic tools such as PCAN and ability to chart & interpret trace files
- Product design/requirement specification
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, decisive, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- Willingness to accept a continuing education process in order to enhance the position for personal and overall corporate advantage.
- Promote and display the highest standards of ethics and practices both internally and externally as agents for the company.
- Must be a licensed driver with a good driving record (subject to MVR).
Benefits and Perks
- Opportunity to grow with the company and work with a wide variety of software applications
- Work for a company that values people, performance, and philanthropy
- Competitive Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Excellent 401K Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Incentive Bonus Plan
- Education Assistance
Watershed Innovation, a Correct Craft company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualified candidates will be asked to submit to background screening and drug testing.