Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group is one of seven ITW decentralized business segments. This position is in the Hobart Warewash Division at its Danville, Kentucky facility, located 45 minutes south of Lexington, Kentucky.
The Warewash Business Division produces Hobart brand commercial dishwashers that are used in hotels, casinos, restaurants, cruise ships, schools, universities and retail establishments. We are the industry leader and are seeking to expand our growth in existing served markets as well as new markets.
- Champions the safe work environment by supporting and enforcing safety and environmental rules and encouraging safe work behaviors
- Support design review activities on new products and major changes to existing products
- Provide root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques for shop floor and field issues to include nonconforming product.
- Responsible for incoming product inspection, product final test and improving first time yield. Internal defect analysis-quality yields for assembly and other (i.e. fabrication) operations
- Responsible for warranty analysis and reporting and product analysis
- Support reliability and FMEA requirements during product development
- Ability to lead Product or Process Quality Improvement Teams through knowledge problem solving techniques.
- Metrology – Test and Measurement Equipment Selection & Calibration
- Develop and Document Product Test Plans and Equipment
- Corrective Action Systems and Documents
- Responsible for leading the Quality Management Systems including tool calibration
- Regulatory Agencies – UL, ENGERGY START and NSF. Maintain documentation of reports used for agency inspections. Submit documentation and test reports for design and component changes, as needed. Assure Plant compliance to UL, EPA ENERGY STAR and NSF requirements.
- Maintain Quarterly and Annual Plant unannounced agency audits and respond to nonconformance.
- Supports Purchasing/Sourcing in the establishment of vendors and provide detailed inspection procedures for all purchased items (parts or subassemblies). Specify sample plans, characteristics to be inspected, acceptable quality levels and measuring techniques and equipment for purchased parts or subassemblies.
- Lead in Team Environments
- Strong communication skills
- Implement ITW Toolbox
- Cross-functional relationship building
- Decision making & judgment
- Presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with spreadsheet and database applications
- Organizational skills
- Adaptable, flexible, innovative, problem-solving skills, and a sense of urgency
- Strong Leadership (preferred)
- Electrical Testing (preferred)
- Electrical Engineering or Electrical Testing (preferred)
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal Communication Skills
- Quality and Process Improvement Focus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Tools including Excel
- Knowledge of Kanban and Epicor (preferred)
- Proven ability of working with UL, Suppliers, and Customers
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws