Delve is looking for a creative and quality focused Principal Embedded Software Engineer with a focus on medical devices to join our team! The Electrical and Software Engineering team at Delve plays an integral role in all stages of the product development process.
- Developing innovative product concepts through the application of software engineering processes.
- Translating user needs into defined product specifications
- Generating and documenting software architecture and detailed design documentation
- Developing software applications for medical devices adhering to the Delve QMS inclusive of IEC 62304
- Developing, supporting, and maintaining software and firmware applications based upon the needs of our clients
- Creating intuitive, testable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Commenting and documenting code to ensure maintainability
- Facilitating and contributing to code reviews
- Representing software engineering considerations within our multi-disciplinary development teams and providing situational leadership to help drive projects to technical and business success
- Providing insights into emerging technologies and uncovering, identifying, and creating business and product opportunities for our clients during strategic conceptualization efforts
- Guiding design teams and our clients through the concept selection decision making processes to ensure that technical considerations factor into alternative narrowing and selection
- Interacting with our valued clients through meetings, presentations, design reviews and informal interactions - building trust and respect through a highly collaborative development process
- Creative conceptualizer with ability to effectively envision and communicate concept
- Having fun, doing cool work with good people and helping us support and grow our culture
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or electrical engineering
- 10+ years proven track record in firmware or software engineering
- Proven track record in medical device development with a strong understanding of the intricacies of IEC 62304
- Experience with embedded Linux or other Linux variants
- Experience with FDA and IEC 62304 software classification
- Experience with several of the following: C, C++, C#, Java, Python
- Experience using and designing software with one or more of these communications protocols: Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP, SPI, I2C, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other wireless protocols
- Experience with GUI software development preferred (experience with QT or React Native frameworks preferred)
- Experience with source code version control and issue tracking (e.g. Git and Jira)
- Experience utilizing Agile Development Methodologies
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred with a proven customer-centric attitude and personality
Be inspired. Be inspiring. Be yourself.
Delve embraces difference because creativity, curiosity, and diversity drive innovation. We nurture a supportive and inclusive environment. Be yourself and create a future that improves lives. We encourage applicants of color and those with diverse lived experiences to apply.