Who is Pyrotek? Pyrotek is the most successful global industrial company you’ve never heard of (until now). Pyrotek is a global leader in high temperature materials and our products impact virtually everyone in the developed world. Our global team has worked for decades to deliver new technologies, advanced engineered systems and innovative materials to customers in industries all over the world. The last car, train and plane you rode in were all safer and more energy efficient because of Pyrotek. The beverage cans in your refrigerator are lighter, stronger and infinitely recyclable because of Pyrotek. Join our team and create, improve and innovate the everyday!
Execute engineering assignments with a high standard of engineering expertise and dedication. Oversee and participate in projects from initiation through assembly in the customer plant. Including equipment planning, Solidworks design, oversee manufacture, assist in the preparation of customer manuals, troubleshoot field problems and as required, supervise installation of the equipment at the customer’s plant.
- Accurately interpret client's technical specifications and produce a compliant technical proposal; offering more suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Coordinate activities with Sales Engineers to ensure proposal process meets customer expectations and are aligned with the Company's product portfolio, development, and sales goals.
- Arrange and take a lead role in proposal review, proposal clarification, and project kick-off meetings.
- Serve in a technical sales role with presentations to key customers and in business development opportunities.
- Provide after sale support for any drawings and/or solid models required for manufacturing.
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions as needed.
- Project management when needed and appropriate.
- Develop quality & EHS documentation/ensure compliance as necessary.
- Provide technical expertise, support related to manufacturing and/or customer installation, in the field.
- Respond appropriately to inquiries, concerns and complaints by being professional, courteous and respectful at all times.
- Work effectively within team environments both within your department and across the organization.
Why work for Pyrotek? Check out our Video!!
- Competitive compensation and benefit plans
- Collaborative, innovative, and team environment
- Popcorn Thursday's!
- Low turnover and high retention! A lot of our employees have been here for over 20 years!
- And bottom line, just darn nice people!
Click the I'm Interested button so our hiring team can review your application and schedule time to speak with you soon!
What happens next? Once you submit your application / resume, a member of the recruiting team will send you an email with a self-schedule link to speak with one of our Recruiters. Watch your email for that link!
Education/Experience BS in Engineering preferably Mechanical Engineering. 1 to 3 years of experience in capital equipment design and manufacturing.
- Core People Skills: Ability to positively interact and work collaboratively with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization. Genuine with high ethical standards and values and personal integrity and honesty. Progressive, flexible and team oriented.
- Communications Skills: Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen, obtain clarification, and respond well to questions. Maintain a persuasive and credible presentation style. Proficiency in writing clearly and concisely, editing work for spelling and grammar. Ability to vary writing style to meet business needs.
- Computer/Application Skills: Proficient computer skills using a variety of software application systems, including; Microsoft Office products, Visio, and Solidworks (PDM (Product Data Management) Vault).
- Core Business Skills: Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion in the handling of proprietary and confidential information. Use of resources, analytical skills and process focus to effectively “figure it out.” Ability to work under pressure and excel in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment. Must be hands-on and maintain high energy to drive continuous improvement.
- Mechanical Engineering: Knowledge and hands on application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Professional Investment: Demonstrated commitment to own personal professional development and learning. Ability to learn about and apply technical products to various industrial manufacturing processes.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation, if feasible, will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of position.
Must be able to sit for long periods-of-time, bend and reach, use stairs, lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and communicate effectively in English by telephone, in person and in writing. Effectively use a personal computer, office equipment and telephone.
Generally work in an office environment. Will be required to go onto plant floor occasionally as needs/issues arise where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required. Travel may be required both domestic and international approximately 10% to 20%.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pyrotek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
California residents please take a moment to review our California Resident Applicant Data Collection Notice