Carr Workplaces provides the space, tools, connectivity and community to help your business thrive. From start-ups to fast growing companies, we’re in your corner. We've got supportive staff, flexible options on ways to work, nationwide locations, and a vibrant community that loves to collaborate. We’re here to do whatever it takes to get to the next level.
Interested in working for Carr Workplaces? We provide a vibrant, progressive and entrepreneurial community to our clients. This type of atmosphere starts with our people. We have the perfect blend of professionalism and character to build the most collaborative and energetic community possible. If you’re an energetic, social-minded team player, we want to hear from you.
This position will be part of the engineering team responsible for ten buildings within a newly delivered historic campus. These properties will be new construction and the (insert job title here) will be working within the property team establishing rules, regulations, and best practices from the onset, setting the standard for all tenants and operations.
The Building Engineer III will perform all duties, working under limited supervision to monitor building systems operations and performance and ensure the building and/or portfolio of buildings are maintained at the highest standards as required while maintaining state and city code compliance. They will be responsible for engineering operations, directing vendors and subcontractors, as well as assisting tenants. They will utilize their skills to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repair of the buildings, industrial systems, equipment, and grounds. Trade skills to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling. This position is considered essential personnel and is required to respond to after-hour emergencies. Provide mentorship to Engineer I and II.
· Consults with tenants to schedule preventative maintenance as needed for their suite.
· Monitors building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capability and achieves environmental conditions.
· Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
· Preforms preventative maintenance and operates water chillers, cooling towers, pumps, heat exchanges, air handling equipment, fans, automatic temperature controls, electric switchgear, distribution switchboards and panels, sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, calves, plumbing fixtures, and other mechanical and electronic equipment and systems in the building.
· Helps to remove snow and ice from outside of the building.
· The position is considered essential personnel and is required to respond to after-hours emergencies.
· Create, implement and monitor performance measurement and management review process, as applicable.
· Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
· Oversees and inspects the work performed by other staff and/or contractors. Determines that work is complete, equipment if fully functional and client space is in prime working conditions.
· Participate in the development and implementation of the operating, maintenance, and capital improvement budgets (help with development before next level).
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate solutions effectively at a high level.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Proactive and positive demeanor with a “can do” attitude.
· Resilient in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity.
· Excellent client relations and interpersonal skills.
· Provide follow-up and consistently meets deadlines.
· Demonstrates attention to detail.
· Basic computer skills.
· Proficient at working on multiple projects at once with shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operations and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and blueprints. Have an understanding of HVAC controls.
· Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.
· Building automation systems proficiency.
· Demonstrated ability to think differently. Ability to apply innovation and creative thinking to crease something valuable for our customers.
· Strong analytical, time, and project management skills.
· Ability to execute data and information collection efforts; creatively sourcing the data and information when required.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee much be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus in order to differentiate items such as chill water lines, condenser water lines, and the fire system.
At Carr Workplaces, we value our employees and believe in everyone’s own personal success. We offer a top of the line benefits package including a 401(k) with company match, a steady schedule — Core business hours are 8:15am-5:15pm M-F, and a chance to grow within an organization that truly values its employees.