MRV Consulting is an independent valuation consulting firm providing business valuations, cost segregations, appraisals, and litigation support services to a broad spectrum of industries for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financing, litigation and disputes, financial and tax reporting, among other purposes. For more information go to www.mrvaluation.com
We are seeking qualified and motivated undergrad engineers who have the desire to broaden their skills as they pursue a career in the valuation and advisory industry. This position will introduce you to cost segregation, valuation, and appraisal assignments.
- Analyze technical specifications, construction drawings including civil, architectural, electrical, utility, and engineering drawings, site plans, construction payment requisitions, and other documentation.
- Development of cost estimation of machinery and equipment, buildings, construction projects, commercial and industrial facilities, and utilities.
- Assist with preparation of cost segregation studies, valuations, spreadsheets, take-offs, and narrative reports.
- Verify completeness, reliability, and accuracy of data.
- Participate in site visits.
- Responsibility for quality control, timing, and accuracy of deliverables.
- Maintain and develop positive, productive, and professional relationships with clients.
- Balance multiple engagements and responsibilities.
- Assist other team members with various engagement tasks.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Mechanical, Civil, Industrial, Financial Engineering, or related field.
- Ability to integrate engineering knowledge with finance and economic skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) and Acrobat.
- Outstanding research, analytical, spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to work independently and in collaborative teams.
- Multi-task and adjust according to projects demands and deadlines.
- Extremely comfortable working in a fast-paced and technology-driven environment.
- Flexible with travel requirements of client service engagements. Able to travel within the US and internationally.
- Professional demeanor, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
- Excellent writing skills and effective communication.
- Fluent in English is mandatory. Proficiency in a second language is a plus.
- Interest in business, finance, economics, energy, and/or consulting fields.
- Knowledge/Interest in energy systems, power plants is a plus.
- No previous work experience is required, training will be provided.
**A cover letter is mandatory > Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Upload your cover letter as an attachment or send it as an email.**
- Position Type: Entry Level as Paid Full-Time Internship
- Duration: 3-4 months, advancement to full employment with benefits
- Location: Colts Neck, New Jersey
- Schedule: 8am-6:30pm MON-FRI
- Compensation: $220 per day
MRV Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only be contacting candidates under consideration and selected for an interview.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines