Interco is a $150-million global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers and electronics with a patent-pending state-of-the-art Lithium-ion battery recycling plant. The remainder of the indoor facility is used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, information technology, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity for more than two decades.
Interco is a rapidly growing $150-million company with a terrific team and high upside
The Industrial Maintenance Technician works as part of the Operations team to s· Perform preventative and repair maintenance on machinery, equipment, and physical structures throughout the 400,000+ sqft. of warehouses and 40+ acre Interco campus. The Industrial Maintenance Technician installs and repairs electrical apparatus and components and works with the Maintenance Manager on special projects as they come up.
Additional responsibilities include dismantling and installing new equipment while providing daily inspections, tests, and troubleshooting of existing machinery and equipment. The Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible to document preventative and repair maintenance and provide metal repair and fabrication services as needed.
The right candidate will be a detail-oriented person with a passion for and knowledge of heavy equipment and machinery. This person enjoys working hands-on with tools, hardware, parts, and equipment and is eager to help build and maintain some state-of-the-art equipment and processes in a fast-paced, but safe, environment.
It is crucial that the Industrial Maintenance Technician follow clear instructions, repeat tasks, track progress and history, and be able to communicate with management and co-workers when there is a problem or deviation from what is expected.
An excellent candidate is self-motivated and capable of completing activities with minimal supervision.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
• Dismantles machinery and removes/replaces defective parts
• Determines changes in requirements of parts by inspecting and measuring various instruments
• Maintains inventories of equipment parts and supplies by checking stock and placing orders
• Trains production workers on routine preventive maintenance.
• Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
• Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Displays a constructive, helpful attitude and promotes a positive working environment
• Communicates clearly with supervisors, peers, and other employees
• Accepts direction and instruction
• Ability to use cutting torch and welding equipment
• Knowledge of single and 3 phase electricity up to 480 volts, including the use of a multimeter for the purpose of troubleshooting
• Ability to read electrical and hydraulic schematics and diagrams
• Operate hand and power tools to include grinders, saws, drills, etc.
• Knowledge of DC electrical circuits helpful
• Ability to operate machinery and technical equipment
• In-depth knowledge of system maintenance
• Ability to lift and move heavy equipment
• Familiarity with safety standards and regulations
• Skilled in analyzing information and creating reports
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Advanced technical or college training or related certifications preferred
• Minimum of 3 years industrial maintenance or heavy equipment experience
• Basic understanding of electrical systems and related equipment
• Must be comfortable with computers
• Capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools
• Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
• Salary $45,000-55,000 commensurate on experience and qualifications
• 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision
• 100% Company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
• Company paid $25K life insurance policy
• Accelerated paid Vacation time
• Paid vacation Christmas Eve through – New Year’s Day for all employees
• 401(k) with generous company match after one year
• Salary plus annual performance review and bonus
As a matter of company policy, we do not sponsor employment visas or hire from out of the USA, nor do we sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
Physical Demands and Abilities
• Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
• Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
• Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work remotely: No