ITW is a Fortune Manufacturing Company with Multi-Billion Dollar revenue and fifty thousand employees world-wide. Known for innovation, diversification, and excellent financial performance.
The Body and Fuel Division drive profitability by leveraging its innovative solutions and application engineering. In addition to ITW’s industry leading research and development capabilities, ITW Body and Fuel enhances our customers’ competitive advantage. Body and Fuel is a business group within ITW’s Automotive segment with manufacturing locations in North America. Our Body and Fuel products are made up of housings and doors, innovative Capless solutions and charge ports for major OEMs around the world.
This role will be a hands-on Advanced Manufacturing Engineer who ensures successful launch of programs and transfers over to Operations team for full volume production. The ideal candidate for this position will possess great project management and product engineering skills; coupled with high energy; experience to lead self and influences cross-functional team members and intellectual expertise in the areas of automation and injection molding for the automotive industry and APQP processes.
• Develop and document new automation and manufacturing processes per best practice
• Manage new automation integration from inception to launch per assigned programs
• Support and provide feedback during automation reviews
• Machining new fixtures utilizing CNC, Vertical Mill, and Grinders
• Provide feedback to cross functional team on new automation status and condition
• APQP Responsibility: Develop Process Flow, PFMEA, and Standard Work Instructions for manufacturing processes
• Review internal cost breakdowns to ensure standard practices are adhered to
• Support the capital acquisition requests for programs requiring additional assets
• Support Annual and Long-Range Planning of Capital Asset acquisition (1 -5 years)
• Develop RFQ for automation and other capital assets on a program basis, manage from inception until authorization / integration
• KPI accountability SOP+ 90 days on all capital asset integrations per program
• Support automation changes due to ECN
• Development and management of BDPs based on previous lessons learned and ensure adherence on future programs
• Function in team environment utilizing six sigma problem solving applications
• Training of automation and maintenance technicians on new equipment during integration
• Support division wide capacity management of capital assets
• Develop relationships between sales and engineering and operations team members
• Achieve authorization from multiple team members on new equipment per standards
• Support development and manage standardized automation build guidelines
• Attend Fast Response meetings and support when feasible
• Support operations and production teams on other projects as assigned
• Must be able to travel internationally, max travel 30%
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial engineering or equivalent work experience required
• Machining experience preferred
• Ability to learn ITW Toolbox principles and apply
• Strong understanding of financial investment procedures and laws
• Strong project management skills
• Interpersonal skills to develop and maintain cross functional team building
• Creative thinking and systematic problem solving a must
• Good mechanical aptitude along with strong computer literacy skills required
• Experience in automation and injection molding
• Understanding of GD&T and interface application
• 3D CAD systems knowledge required; Solid works preferred
• Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles are a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Alternative or combined skills in understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others, or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of others.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded at no cost after one year.
ITW Body & Fuel NA is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males, disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities, all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job functions. If you require assistance with completing an application, please reply that you require assistance.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.