Tejas Ranch & Game Fence is not your typical ranch contractor. Our reputation and years of experience have helped us evolve into a full- service ranch development contractor and fuel our explosive growth. Our clients trust us to produce excellent value in turning their properties into world-class ranches.
This is a dream job for a person with a love of the outdoors and a mechanical mind! The Civil Engineering Estimator position requires an ability to think critically and demonstrate a desire to continuously learn. This role will be responsible for effectively producing in-depth and accurate civil design and analysis under the guidance of our experienced lake dam engineer, construct maps, plans and estimates that enable our team to quickly respond to customer requests for our services.
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Experienced at gathering, processing, and documenting information
- Inspired to solve problems and look for opportunities
- Internally motivated and driven to produce results
What you’ll be doing...
- Preparing timely and accurate analysis, designs and estimates for prospective and existing customers’ ranch enhancements- clearing, fencing, gates, culverts, bridges, water gaps, lakes and ponds
- Using mapping software to develop accurate proposals and estimates
- In partnership with sales, interfacing with prospective customers to understand the desired outcome for their property projects
- Visiting job sites to assess progress, troubleshoot and solve challenges and apply learned techniques in future applications
- Presenting and discussing various aspects of prepared estimates with management prior to delivery to prospective customer
- Prepare timely and accurate sales estimates, using civil engineering experience to take all material, labor and time variables into account to ensure valuable and profitable projects
- Review design options and recommend best solutions based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials
- Evaluate, compare and recommend specific vendors and subcontractors to support needs of each project
- Maintain cost estimating tools including databases, spreadsheets, and other computer-based applications to maintain accurate information on completed projects and industry standards.
- Apply the company’s approved costing methodology, data, and systems to present estimate results in a detailed breakdown format that is suitable for use by the project manager and the project installation teams.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
- Track and compare actual costs to estimated costs for all projects won, identifying and implementing changes needed to estimate profitable projects.
- Upon project completion, conduct debriefing with sales, estimating, engineering and production teams to discuss positive and negative aspects of the project.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or related Engineering
- Minimum 3 year’s Civil Engineering work experience, preferably in a land development or related field
- Advanced PC skills including proficiency in AutoCAD, MapRight, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous estimating experience preferred
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Strong time management discipline and ability to concentrate
- Salaried position
- Health insurance plan
- Paid time off
- Great working Environment
- Fun & Supportive Team
- Able to leverage an Excellent Reputation in our core industry
This is a full-time position working 8:30a.m.– 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday. This position may require longer hours and some flexibility in hours may be needed dependent upon the business needs.