Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior Process Control Engineer located in Pascagoula, MS through 8/20/19 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
- Tuning of control loops, support of Honeywell or Yokogawa distributed control systems (DCS), and
assistance in training console operators.
- Implement and maintain multivariable process control applications that are consistent with short-term and
long-term refinery operating plans.
- Provide daily process control support for console operators.
- Identify and resolve control performance issues by coordinating with colleagues in other areas of specialization
(instrumentation, analyzers, process, mechanical equipment, etc.)
- Identify and capture opportunities for improving the safety, reliability, operability and profitability of the
operating area through process control improvements.
- Train refinery personnel on the effective use of process control applications and systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operating area interactions with the rest of the refinery and helps troubleshoot
process problems in the operating area and refinery.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining multivariable control applications
as well as the supporting multivariable control applications (inferred properties, et al)
- Serve as mentor/trainer for less-experienced process and control engineers, specifically in the area of Advanced Process Control (APC)
- Will be sought after to provide expertise for multi-refinery, Manufacturing, or Enterprise initiatives (bog alarm coordination, APC efforts across units/refineries, new technology evaluation, standards review/development, etc)
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, or other related discipline, is required.
- 15 yrs implementing advanced process control systems in a refinery or petrochemical enviroment
- Minimum 2 + yrs exp planning and implementing refinery wide APC applications
- Expert level process control knowledge, including design, configuration, support and programming of Honeywell and/or Yokogawa distributed control systems (DCS).
- SME level knowledge of Advanced Process Control (APC) methods and techniques using ASPEN DMC and IQ
- SME level knowledge of refinery configuration and processes
- Very strong technical/analytical skills, with proven record of innovative problem solving and proactive system improvement.
- Ability to work with others and build relationships across organizations.
- Ability to create and promote an environment of trust, teamwork and inclusiveness through actions and behaviors.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills. Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of assignments for individual team members and groups, and to set and manage priorities.
- Domestic travel of up to 10% may be required
Relocation may be considered
Expatriate assignments will not be considered
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Hattiesburg