APX York Sheet Metal successfully serves the continental United States delivering top-quality steel fabricated parts, excellent customer service and competitive pricing to our valued customers. Our focus on quality workmanship and delivering on our promises is as rock-solid as it was when we started back in 1946.
The CAD Drafting Programmer will be responsible for using Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks 3D modeling packages to input customer supplied 3D models in order to create part drawings and decomposing the 3D model it into individual 3D drawings and 2D flat sheet metal drawings that can be used to laser cut/bend and fabricate.
Using Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks to decompose customer supplied 3D models and assembly drawings into individual fully defined 3D part files, fabrication drawings and flat pattern files that can be used to fabricate from sheet metal stock.
Route jobs in shop floor system so that the jobs are proceed properly
Draw parts not supplied from 3D model
• Requires a minimum high school diploma with two (2) years in either Autodesk Inventor or SolidWorks CAD software platforms, blueprint reading.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong PC abilities utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, CAD, database and familiarity with ERP software.
• Must be highly organized to handle multiple priorities.
• The ability to work efficiently and accurately are essential and knowledge of or experience with sheet metal fabrication processes is a plus.
Please respond with attached resume and cover letter
Besides a competitive wage, APX York Sheet Metal is pleased to offer health, dental and vision coverage as well as a 401K with contribution matching by the company.