For more than 24 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence, and law enforcement communities. We are a rapidly-growing company that currently employs a team of more than 800 professionals. SOSi is continuously recruiting for a variety of challenging and rewarding positions throughout the continental U.S. and overseas supporting our various clients.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join our IT organization. Candidate must have a proven track record in the support and management of complex server and network environments that support end-to-end services driven solutions across multi-disciplinary platforms.
The Systems Administrator's role is to ensure the service, security and survivability of SOSi’s servers, data storage, directory services (Active Directory), and both enterprise-level and business-level applications. This is achieved by designing, installing, administering and maintaining physical servers, virtual servers and virtual host servers; storage area networks; server operating systems, antivirus/antimalware solutions, data backups and restores; and any other related system-level components.
The Systems Administrator also collaborate with vendors, internal customers and other IT staff to provide technical support for business-level applications. This technical support consists of planning and designing the system-level architecture; installing, configuring and updating the application's server-side software; troubleshooting issues from the server operating system layer on down; and assisting in any other reasonable way to deliver optimal application performance.
Essential Job Duties:
• Service Desk Support: Provide operations support in a 24x7x365 global environment which includes, but is not limited to server and applications setup/configuration/testing, and troubleshooting of all systems/applications in multiple data centers. Support of server environments; risk management; security compliance, vulnerability practices, patching, upgrades and O&M, measured against internal IT SLAs.
• Network Administration: Configures and maintains global network hardware operations. Provide analysis and recommendations pertaining to server and network optimization and enhancements to improve performance and increase efficiency.
• Hardware and Software Support: Effectively install and support server and client hardware/software.
• Inventory Control: Maintains accurate inventory of hardware and software. Ensures compliance to software licensing.
• Cloud Technologies: Participate in designing, implementation planning and executing hybrid-Cloud solutions for SOSi. Provide support for various cloud technologies to include Amazon Web Services and VMware vCloud.
• Database Maintenance: Provide support for both Oracle and SQL database technologies.
• Project Support: Provide IT project support for internal IT organization technology initiatives and program/operations technology initiatives.
• Ability to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- U.S. citizenship required
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
• 5 years in IT operations & administration
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of the following:
- Server environments, up to and including server hardware, virtual servers, server network connectivity, operating system software and server application software
- Microsoft Active Directory, including domain environments, DHCP, DNS, WINS and group policy objects
- Storage area networks (SANs)
- Server disaster recovery and data backup/restore systems
- One or more enterprise applications (e.g., SQL Server, Exchange Server, Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), Forefront Identity Manager, SharePoint, etc.)
• Basic support knowledge of business applications
• Must possess excellent communication skills, analytical abilities, and personnel management skills
• Hands-on manager willing and able to dig-in and get hands dirty
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive company and employee information
• Project management skills a definite asset
• Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives
• Strong written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
• Ability to conduct research into server issues and products as required
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Prior experience working in a U.S. Government contracting environment
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• 24x7 on-call availability as needed
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and other IT equipment
• Regular local and occasional overseas travel may be required, possibly to remote areas with potential hazards and hardships
Candidates fluent in the following languages will be given preference:
• Mandarin Chinese
• Haitian Creole
• Jamaican Patois