Title: Senior, Electrical Engineer
Location: HQ – Akron, Ohio (remote/hybrid)
Our client is a well-established niche engineering consulting firm. They work with a wide variety of projects in various markets. They are headquartered in Akron, Ohio but will consider remote and/or hybrid work arrangements.
This client will not provide sponsorship of any kind.
Why work for them?
- Hybrid/remote work arrangements.
- Casual dress code and culture.
- Competitive wages and benefits package.
- 401(k) with a discretionary match.
- Sporting event tickets and company-sponsored events.
- Parking subsidy.
- Tuition assistance and technical certification reimbursement.
- Professional society membership and PE registration reimbursement.
- Mentoring and career pathing.
- Provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants.
The position is responsible for gathering and analyzing technical data to prepare electrical engineering designs for clients. Projects include Power, Lighting & Electrical Distribution; Electrical One-Line Drawings; Electrical Load Studies, Protective Relaying, Arc Flash Studies; Power Equipment List (Transformers, Switchgear, Motors, UPS, etc.), Area Classification, and other Electrical Drawings (Schematics, Heat Trace, etc.).
- Lead designers and engineers on Project Teams.
- Establish strong working relationships with Team Members and Clients.
- Responsible for engineering calculations and plan development.
- Collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Specifies power system equipment, switchgear, unit substations, motor control centers, drive, grounding, and lighting systems.
- Create electrical load studies, control schematics, and electrical engineering details.
- Utilizes computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Assists in field work by directing and coordinating the operation, checking installations, problem-solving, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems.
- Serves as a Project Lead for single discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing the scope of work, making staff recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Other duties as requested/assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering.
- PE preferred.
- Some project management and employee management are needed.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Polymers, Utility, Energy, or manufacturing is desired.
- Knowledge in protective relaying and short circuit studies, lighting systems, power systems equipment specification, NFPA 30, NEC, NFPA 70, applicable building codes, arc flash, hazardous area classification for process industries, and wiring practices.
- Experience with P & IDs, PFDs, loop diagrams, installation details, conduit and cable schedules
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Excel, Word, Revit, AutoCAD (3D preferred), EasyPower, or similar modeling software.
- Must have experience working with most of the following:
- Primary Power (substations, transformers, switchgear/distribution, short circuit/protective relay coordination, and/or arc flash studies).
- Secondary Power (distribution systems, motor control centers, emergency back-up, hardware, power monitoring, and variable speed drive systems).
- Building facility services (energy management, ground/lighting protections, lighting, and convenience communication, fire/security control systems, and/or hazardous area classification.
- Experience Must be legally able to work in the US without sponsorship.