ITW Global Brands, a leader in the automotive aftermarket with brands such as Rain-X, Black Magic, Gumout, Fix-A-Flat, Slime, Permatex, Fast Orange and Spray Nine. As a part of a Fortune 200 company, we are focused on integrity and providing consumer benefit through our portfolio and support.
ITW Global Brands is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer, based in Solon, Ohio. This position will report directly to the Director of Operations and Supply Chain. The primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Identifying, initiating, and leading projects to improve process safety, quality, service, cost, capacity, and productivity through engineering and Lean Six Sigma methods.
- Improving process capability on manufacturing equipment using a variety of tools which includes standard work, tier reviews, and kaizens.
- Troubleshooting defects and variation, performing root cause analysis, applying systematic problem-solving techniques, and implementing sustainable solutions.
- Engaging in daily operations to resolve equipment downtime issues, assure quality and productivity, and meet service targets.
- Creating and maintaining product/process documentation, including specifications and test methods.
- Establishing an extensive network of support (laboratory, quality, financial, manufacturing, engineering, sales and marketing) to help facilitate completion of assignments.
- Communicating at all levels of the organization to drive direction. Function as a technical resource within immediate work group.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, polymer science, or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of process development and improvement work in a manufacturing environment, preferably in chemical processing
- Experience with formulation, scale-up, production, and characterization of various materials and products, preferably including chemical consumer products
- Experience with chemical or liquid filling operations.
- Experience with developing material standards and specifications
- Experiencing in specifying, identifying, and procuring capital equipment for manufacturing.
- Demonstrated capability and knowledge of equipment reliability concepts and methods.
- Experience with the following processes: RM substitutions, new product development process, SKU creation, BOM creation, FMEA, HOQ, test method development, MSA, capability studies, data analysis (e.g., in Minitab or Excel), root cause analysis, Six Sigma.
- Experience with guiding the efforts of external partners (e.g., compounders, co-packers)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (self-motivated) and in teams
- Ability to conform to shifting demands, timelines, and priorities
- Training and experience in Lean manufacturing methods, statistics, SPC, DOE, and Six Sigma are beneficial; Green Belt/Black Belt certification is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Project leadership experience.
Travel: May include up to 50% domestic travel
ITW is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. EEO is the law. ITW invites any employee and/or applicant to review the Company’s Affirmative Action Plan. This plan is available for inspection upon request by emailing email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Tammy Rasmussen at (713) 301-4096. No other calls will be accepted.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.