AE Products is seeking an active, outgoing electrical engineer with some manufacturing and mechanical experience. This is a “Hands On” position requiring someone who is analytical, adaptive to change, willing to learn and contribute ideas. This position offers an exciting environment in which to research, design and prototype electrical and electro-mechanical equipment for use in the power utility fields. As a small, fast-paced manufacturing company, AE Products offers the right person the opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and contribute to the growth of the company.
- Design and development of electrical equipment (e.g. circuit boards, new products).
- Utilizing a high-voltage lab effectively and safely to test componentry and products.
- Conceptualize, design and implement engineering projects.
- Research and design equipment from concept to full-in-house production.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines to ensure project progress and completion.
- Oversee or perform routine and preventative maintenance on electrical equipment and machinery.
- Ensure quality control on engineering projects and production runs.
- Train and supervise employees for machine operations and production.
- Writing detailed build instructions for new products and processes.
- Provide engineering data for specification sheets.
- Utilize computer-aided design and drafting software.
- Customer Service.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in circuit design
- Proficient in CAD software such as AutoCad, TurboCad,
- Experience in commercial, industrial or utility companies a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and power distribution a plus.
- Extended work hours as needed.
- Some travel.
- Technical working knowledge of electronic component parts and their application.
- Ability to apply electrical engineering design principles to products.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, manuals and standards.
- Knowledge of and competency in using hand and electric tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills with adaptability to prioritize tasks.
- Working knowledge of various production machines including but not limited to CNC, injection-molding, lathes, etc.. is a plus.
- Understanding of machine shop operations, procedures and safety protocols is a plus.
- Full time salary exempt position
- Monday - Friday, Some Saturdays
- This is an on-site position; no remote work.