Intergalactic is a team of engineers, technologists, designers, mathematicians, and problem solvers committed to a singular idea: reviving the no-boundaries mentality in aerospace. We are a team of the nation’s best, regardless of where we live.
The Intergalactic Lead Aerospace Electrical System Engineer will help drive innovation by designing, developing, and deploying electrical and software system engineering products and processes. Utilizing industry standards and best practices to capture system and unit level requirements, architecture decomposition, technical processes, test plan generation and verification sell off.
Expected Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
1) Translate high-level system technical and conformance requirements into lower-level electrical engineering (EE) and software (SW) requirements and specifications
2) Collaborate tightly with the systems engineers in the development of system level requirements that are testable and with appropriate scope at the lower-level for software
3) Manage EE and SW technical requirements from the top down (traceability, verification, and validation) across multiple programs.
4) Generate government-required conformance documents
5) Design and generate lower-level software test matrices, plans, and procedures to cover and show compliance to the lower-level software requirements verification matrix
6) Collaborate with the EE director in developing automated methods for verification or methodologies to reduce the burden of verification testing required including use of auto-code and automated testing
7) Architecture development of electronic and software sub systems
8) Development and maintain standard EE and SW engineering methods/processes to improve product quality and conformance
9) Development of EE and SW contract data requirement list (CDRL) documents (design analysis, risk mitigation, review of safety factors & stack-ups, reliability tools, and design reviews).
10) Work and collaborate with the program teams and their customers to ensure real time communication and optimum solution development.
11) Support the development of operating instructions and programs for equipment.
12) Oversee integration of design builds to ensure they function according to specifications.
13) Evaluate prototypes to ensure the capability to complete desired functions.
14) Analyze alternative techniques and methods and recommend changes to processes or procedures as needed.
15) Share technical information and training with other departments.
16) Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1) Working experience of industry standard SE processes pertaining product lifecycle (specs, requirements, architecture, formal reviews, integration, test and deployment).
2) Excellent written and verbal communication.
3) Working experience of aerospace embedded electronic and software systems
4) Working knowledge or experience of embedded controls
5) Working knowledge or experience with common embedded electronic and software tools/languages (Sch capture, PCB boards, C/C++, Dev Ops Flows)
6) Excellent interpersonal relationship building both internally and externally.
7) Understanding of aerospace conformance documents (MIL-PRF-XXX, DO-178/160/254/XXX)
8) Functional understanding of major aircraft or satellite systems: environmental control systems, powerplant, electrical, hydraulics, controls, avionics, power generation, and structures.
9) Growth mindset.
10) Creative innovation.
11) Basic coding/scripting experience (preferably in MATLAB or Python).
12) Knowledge of steady state and dynamic system modeling and architecting high level controls.
13) Experience with desktop modeling of complex system controls (preferably using Simulink)
14) Results driven.
15) Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
16) Obsessive organization.
17) Meticulous attention to detail.
18) Independent initiative.
19) Productive collaboration.
20) A polite, helpful, and friendly demeanor.
Required Experience and Education
o Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required; Master’s degree preferred.
o Four years of relevant experience, preferably in avionics or satellite design.
o Must be 18 years of age or older.
o Must pass background check and drug screen upon offer of employment.
o Design experience and development of programmed applications highly preferred.
o Experience with Altium and SolidWorks is preferred.
Expected Hours of Work
Schedule may vary during the hours of Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Some flexibility in schedule is allowed with prior approval, but dependability and punctuality are paramount. Salaried crew members are generally expected to work a baseline of 40 hours per week on a 9/80 schedule.
The Aerospace Electrical Systems Engineer has no direct supervisory responsibility.
This role requires prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer. This role requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, open cabinets, bend, stand, or sit on a stool as needed. Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the industrial facility.
This job operates in an indoor office environment and routinely interacts with other crew members and customers. This role routinely uses both paper and electronic record keeping systems and communication equipment.
Infrequent, occasional, overnight travel is expected for this position, less than 10%.
Eligibility to work in the United States is required, as is compliance with U.S. export control regulations.
Intergalactic provides equal employment opportunities to all crew members and applicants for employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Intergalactic will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any protected characteristic.