AE Products is seeking a highly motivated, outgoing Electrical Engineer with manufacturing experience interested in researching, developing, designing and testing electrical components, equipment and products. This position will require an individual who is analytical, active, adaptive to change, willing to learn and contribute ideas and be very “hands on”. As a small, fast-paced company, AE Products offers the right person the opportunity to be involved in various projects and contribute to the growth of the company.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to:
- Design and development of electrical equipment (e.g. circuit boards, new product).
- Testing and manufacturing of electrical and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Utilizing a high voltage lab effectively and safely to test products and/or componentry.
- Research and Design from concept to full in-house production.
- Conceptualize, design and implement engineering projects.
- Support Operations, Production Staff and management as required.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones to ensure project progress and completion on schedule.
- Oversee or perform routine and preventative maintenance on electrical equipment and machinery.
- Ensure quality control on engineering projects and production runs. Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- Train and supervise employees for machine operations and production.
- Writing detailed build instructions for new products, processes and specification sheets
- Utilize computer-aided design and drafting software.
- Customer service.
- Other tasks as required or assigned.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in circuit design.
- Proficient in CAD software such as AutoCAD, TurboCAD and SoldiWorks.
- Proficient is Microsoft Office such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience in commercial, industrial and or utility companies a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and power distribution a plus.
- Extended work hours as needed or requested.
- Some travel required.
- Technical working knowledge of electronic component parts and their application.
- Ability to apply electrical engineering design principles to products.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, schematics, manuals and standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communications (English). Spanish is a plus.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, capable of troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of various production machines including but not limited to CNC, injection-molding, lathes, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of and competency in using hand and electric tools.
- Understanding of machine shop operations and procedures and safety protocols is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritize and shift tasks as needed.
- Ability to work independently or on a team as needed.
- Be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- Full time salary exempt position
- Monday - Friday, Some Saturdays
- This is an on-site position; no remote work.
- Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000 CWE.