Bosch Rexroth Corp (div Robert Bosch LLC)-The Drive and
Control Technology Division in North America develops internationally leading
Linear Motion, Assembly Technology and Electric Drives & Controls products for
applications in the Aerospace, Automotive, e-Mobility, Factory Automation,
Semiconductor, Life Science, Machine Tool, Packaging and Printing Markets.
The Bosch Production System Engineer -BPS Engineer is an essential role responsible for planning, facilitating, and stabilizing continuous improvements within a production sector; namely, a manufacturing Value Stream.
This role creates and sustains improvement processes, metrics, and tools, supporting key deliverables in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost reduction, growth, and innovation, and these deliverables include (but not limited to):
Will lead cross-functional continuous improvement projects in all aspects of the Value Stream, focusing continually on production processes, work methods, waste reduction, and problem-solving methods through lean principles, tools, concepts, and methodologies.
- Ensure the manufacturing plant operates under Operational Excellence guidelines as defined by the Bosch Production System (BPS)
- Lead or participate in GEMBA walks, and drive CI culture across plant functional areas.
- Provide BPS project leadership and/or support to manufacturing, logistics, and support operations.
- Organize and facilitate projects with cross-functional teams related to Value Stream Mapping/Design, Lean Line Design, and Process.
- Evaluate BPS maturity and drive maturity improvement for various Value Stream areas.
- Support system design work (e.g., inventory calculations, lot size calculations, changeover requirements, customer pull patterns, material delivery loops)
- Establish standardized work and audit schedule for sustainability.
- Analyze, Develop and Deliver lean manufacturing-related training activities. Including classroom training, shop floor training, hands-on simulations, and kaizen events as required for manufacturing, logistics, and support operations.
- Facilitate small group meetings to brainstorm, gather information or solidify action plans which support ongoing continuous improvement activities
- Embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds and practice consensus leadership when possible
- Represent operators by distilling and packaging their feedback on process changes to greater organization.
- Develop close working relationship with all operators and gain their trust.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in lean line design and value stream design.
- Previous experience in related field as well as project management experience required.
- Production experience with demonstrated process improvement experiences a plus.
- Experience of leading Kaizen and deploying lean tools and principles a plus. Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to lead small project group.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, Power Point, and Visio (Value stream mapping).
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
- FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
- AWIM (A World In Motion)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.