Medical Assistant must be organized and be able to work within their scope of training. Must be able to identify medical emergencies, report and document them per company policy. Individual must posses medical assistant training and certification and be willing to learn and grow with the organization. Must be able to efficiently and effectively to manage a multi-phone line system and triage clients based on need. Individual must be able to coordinate clinic services and coordinate medical care with providers in the community. This individual must be familiar with clinic operations, willing to learn and be able to navigate care concerns with clients and team members. Individual must possess characteristics that would foster therapeutic alliances with the Clients which promote their overall wellbeing.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Greet visitors and employees entering the office.
• Operate a multi-line phone system, including screening calls and taking messages.
• Navigate and manage confidential data in an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
• Assist in the coordination of care for Clients and providers
• Schedule appointments for clients.
• Communicate with outside entities such as medical or psychiatric providers, on behalf of the Practice.
• Provide patient mobility assistance, as requested.
• Provide administrative support by collecting and distributing faxes, document filing, creating/maintaining documents in Microsoft Office, copying.
• Manage client flow ensuring enough time for client and family education as needed.
• Document procedures and interactions in clients’ medical record.
• Complete Laboratory requisition functions to allow for appropriate service delivery
• Navigate and complete medication prior authorization requests as needed
• Complete phlebotomy and associated services when assigned per training and scope
• Participate in continuing education, required meetings, and on committees as requested.
• Liaise with pharmacies and insurance companies, as required.
• Meets routine and urgent patient needs by observing for and reporting symptoms during scheduled medications checks and on a walk-in basis.
• Provides ongoing health status for all clients by obtaining and recording their vital signs when necessary.
• Maintains the confidentiality of consumers at all times and operates within the Code of Ethics of the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association.
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Skills
● Must be a certified or registered as a medical assistant by a national accrediting body or eligible.
● Good written and verbal communication skills.
● Excellent computer skills, to include operating Microsoft Office Suite programs.
● Must be able to successfully type and navigate an Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
● Must possess characteristics that would foster therapeutic alliances with the Consumers which promote their overall wellbeing.
● Ability to perform amicably in an environment serving those with behavioral health disorders with excellent customer service.
● Must be able to respect client/consumer confidentiality.
● Ability to exhibit a high level of organizational skills.
● Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
● Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
● Physical Demands: The position requires moderate physical effort on a daily basis such as walking, bending, stooping and standing for periods of time.
● Citizenship: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
great environment and culture; seeking optimistic and open minded individual to start immediately two to three days per week to start. Wednesday and Thursday 11am-8:30pm and Friday 10:00am-4:00pm
New Graduates welcome to apply