We are searching for a dependable senior electrical engineer to join our company. The senior electrical engineer’s responsibilities include analyzing existing electrical systems and making cost-effective improvements, conducting research, designing testing methods, completing quality assurance, inspecting the equipment, and running diagnostics. You should ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
To be successful as a senior electrical engineer, you should demonstrate strong leadership abilities and organizational skills. Outstanding senior electrical engineers are passionate about engineering developments and able to efficiently troubleshoot systems.
- Applying sound engineering knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of project assignments.
- Provide technical expertise to one or multiple project teams for the evaluation of, and resolution to, engineering problems and designs involving various engineering disciplines.
- Evaluate job requests to determine purpose, scope, and requirements. May include the assessment of alternative methods, assessment of outside support requirements, and review of Gas Standards or regulatory codes.
- Assist or gather data, perform calculations, and review designs to develop technically sound findings, conclusions, and recommendations. Follow up on the implementation of recommendations and/or acceptance of conclusions to assess the accuracy and/or completeness.
- Manage and coordinate all activities leading to the successful completion of tasks and small projects including, scoping of projects, selection of consultants and/or contractors, cost estimates, budgeting, permitting, design, material procurement, and start-up.
- Develop and provide input on Gas Standards, specifications, and procedures governing the selection, design, application, and operation of materials, components, and systems that meet Company needs on a long-term basis and with optimum economic considerations.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes, trends, and technological advancements in the industry.
- Interpret state and federal codes, industry standards, and Gas Standards for clients.
- Participate in, and provide technical input to, review proposed changes in regulatory requirements affecting codes and standards. Recommend modifications to Gas Standards that reflect regulatory changes.
- Developing, reviewing, updating, modifying, and approving electrical design plans and work schedules.
- May provide direction to contractors, consultants, Company engineers, technical specialists, and the remainder of the project team.
- B.S. in Engineering required (Electrical Engineering)
- Professional Engineer (PE) Certification desired.
- At least 2 years previous full-time related engineering experience and possess their EIT or have at least three years related engineering experience.
- Previous related engineering experience in the Oil and Gas Industry is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of engineering practices and concepts, cost analysis, and Company operating practices and policies.
- Coordinates the activities of, and has overall responsibility for, multiple, concurrent projects and/or tasks, which require the ability to plan and manage workload so that assignments are completed on time and in proper priority.
- Must possess the ability to review problems and propose innovative solutions, which involve technical, operational, and economic issues, and may link new concepts and technologies.
- Utilize departmental control system and maintain budget and schedule to ensure successful completion of the project or task.
- Requires ability to identify the potential financial implications, as well as the impact that the project or task has on existing Company facilities, operating philosophies, and procedures.
- Understanding of systematic/scientific approaches to problem-solving, and the ability to apply them in daily operations.
- Apply engineering/technical principles to analyze and resolve problems.
- Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical and non-technical information and concepts with various levels of management in both formal and informal settings.
- Basic computer knowledge. Knowledge of spreadsheets and database analysis tools.
Cost Estimating, Hazardous Materials Handling, Managerial Consulting, Town-City Planning, Building-Construction Inspection, Environmental Protection-Conservation, Six Sigma-Black Belt-TQM, Oil Rig & Pipeline Install-Maintain-Repair