Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Provide engineering and technical leadership to ensure all plant facilities (Processing Plant, Turlock Distribution Center, C. Street blast, and Warehouses)/ equipment are reliable, safe and sanitary. Provide overall management and direction for the Maintenance department. Responsible for the professional development and training (procedures and standards) of Maintenance Supervisors and hourly personnel. Ensure the work force meets departmental objectives regarding productivity, quality and safety. Ensure the production departments maximize uptime by decreasing equipment downtime.
1. Manage the Maintenance department effectively. Consistently attain department goals/standards for cost, productivity, quality and safety. Ensure production departments maximize uptime.
2. Manage Capital program effectively. Consistently complete assigned projects within the budget.
Responsible for professional development and training of departmental personnel.
Provide a high level of personnel commitment/focus to departmental safety.
Oversee facility compliance with regulatory agency requirements/reporting standards.
Responsible for waste water and for some environmental coordinator duties.
Prioritize the maintenance workload to maximize product output
Effectively assess parts availability
Make cost-effective decisions which minimize costs (yet still retain a safety factor so as not to adversely affect plant production/safety)
Conduct individual performance evaluations
Provide frequent feedback to management to maintain efficient manpower utilization standards.
• Must possess a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in the food processing industry in the areas listed below:
a. Building maintenance.
b. Ammonia refrigeration and waster water treatment plant.
c. Managing and controlling hazardous materials at the plant level in the maintenance areas.
• Must provide evidence of a strong mechanical background (electrical experience is also very desirable)
• Must exhibit a substantial background in departmental administration, budget initiation, cost control, project management, etc.
• Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing
• Must have strong interpersonal communication skills
• Must be able to evaluate supervisors fairly and objectively and suggest areas for needed improvement in a positive manner
• Must possess good computer skills including Windows and associated software
• Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.