ITW Commercial Construction is a leading manufacturer with a proven history of creating innovative fastening solutions used by the professional commercial contractor in concrete anchoring and flooring, drywall, metal building, fire protection, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC applications. We take pride in our commitment to being a customer centric organization with operational excellence, superior service, and new product development that has guided the company through decades of growth by meeting the ever-changing needs of the commercial construction industry. Focusing on the needs of our end-users enables us to customize our product offering and service based on their requirements. ITW Commercial Construction encompasses the leading brands of Buildex® (Teks®, Sammys®), Red Head (TruBolt®, Tapcon®), Ramset (Trakfast®), and PNA (Diamond Dowel®) with an overall history dating back to 1910.
The main responsibility of this position will be to drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction. This is a hands-on role that will support the manufacturing processes by driving the attainment of goals and KPI’s through working with Plant Leadership. Needs to be self-motivated, energetic leader who will recognize areas needing improvement, implement effective solutions, and provide training to guide positive changes in plant processes and procedures leveraging the ITW Toolbox.
- Develop, test, and implement process adjustments and/or new manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing costs and waste, and to improve safety, product quality, manufacturing efficiency, and machine reliability.
- Lead change through facilitating USa Events, writing standard operating procedures, and training key production employees on new work procedures and processes.
- Utilizing ITW Toolbox training, identify and lead changes using 80/20, Inlining, USa, Product Line Simplification, and Market Rate of Demand tools as appropriate.
- Provide key troubleshooting on dies, tooling, and machine parts to improve production processes.
- Train and monitor operators on proper die setup/changeover techniques.
- Design new parts to improve machine performance.
- Understand machine capabilities for new product development and continuous improvement throughout the manufacturing processes.
- Revise and develop prints for current tooling and production part using CAD/Solidworks.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Perform capacity planning and provide solutions to meet continued growth. Manage capital projects from quoting/approval stage through training & implementation.
- Support maintenance in root cause analysis, strategies to reduce mechanical downtime, and drafting and implementing preventive maintenance practices.
- Perform other tasks and functions as directed for the benefit of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Required; Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in high-volume manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and application of design, engineering and technology, computers and electronics, technology design, and problem solving
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and /or SolidWorks CADD software
- Experience with Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma Tools, Lean Manufacturing, Automation, and Capital Project a plus
- Safety focused mindset able to identify unsafe actions/conditions
- High level of written and oral communication skills, organizational planning, teamwork, analytical reasoning, and adaptability
- Must be well organized, detailed oriented, and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations
- Self-starter with a lot of energy to see projects through to completion
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data analysis
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Delivers results: Exhibit exceptional business acumen and excellent management skills to hold themselves accountable for consistently meeting ITW’s targets.
- Good Judgment: Ability to use good judgment and discretion. Must be adept at analyzing facts and issues, identifying options, and able to decide and recommend a course of action.
- Impeccable Integrity: Embodies and practices unquestioned personal and business integrity. Recognized as a highly credible business leader. Creates an environment of trust by acting with fairness and consistency, keeping commitments, and providing rationale for decisions.
- Approachable: Inspires trust and confidence. Independent and organized work style.
- Team Player: An aggressive, results-oriented individual who, at the same time, is the consummate team player. Respected by senior management, peers, and subordinates, and secure in technical abilities. In addition, able to command loyalty and a sense of commitment from all colleagues. Lives the ITW Values and promotes ITW culture.
- Relationships Builder: Excellent relationship builder, understanding the internal and external customers’ requirements.
- Structure: Comfortable with ambiguity, change and ability to succeed within a matrix organizational structure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; kneel; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Good working conditions involving occasional exposure to noise and chemicals, but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.