401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
OrthoScan/Ziehm Imaging a North Scottsdale Medical Device manufacturer located off the loop 101 and Raintree, is currently seeking a motivated, career-oriented professional with a positive can-do attitude to join our team as a full-time Software Test Engineer.
Why Work for Us?
There's something special about OrthoScan/Ziehm. There's a sense of pride that comes from building a product that helps improve peoples lives and making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals. We know the success of OrthoScan depends on every employee in our organization, it is our people who make the difference.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our assets: our brand, our financial strength, our global reach, and the strong commitment of our management and employees. Our journey focuses on leveraging our strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected companies in the world.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB:
As a member of a tight-knit software development team, the Software QA Engineer oversees quality assurance for software used in our medical X-Ray products. With the full support of the engineering team, you will be expected to learn the products and obtain a detailed understand if its software functions. From this understanding, ensure the functional requirements are documented then generate automated and manual testing procedures to be used in regression testing and V&V activities. As software anomalies are identified, you will be responsible to insure they are tracked and documented appropriately.
The employee in this position works closely with the software development team. This requires skill in dealing with people. The employee is required to use judgment and professionalism when dealing with people. Position may also require employee to engage occasionally with our parent company based in Europe. Having knowledge of, and demonstrating a willingness to work through different cultures, beliefs, values, and traditions is a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write automated testing procedures preferably in C#, C++ and C depending on hardware platform
- Document software requirements then generate manual and/or automated test procedures
- Assist Software Developers with tracking down software anomalies
- Analyze and test new code as it its committed to repositories by developers
- Implement regulatory requirements such as IEC62304 (Training Will be Provided)
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or a related field
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of experience in Software Testing or similar role
- Software QA with C# (Windows) and C++ (Linux)
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs)
- Proficient in testing frameworks and tools such as JUnit, NUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Excellent Critical Thinking and “Outside the Box” problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills in detailed documentation protocols
OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Fearless - not afraid to ask questions, make suggestions or admit they don’t know or have made a mistake.
- Communicate well with internal customers and other engineers
- Bring a focused attitude to work with a strong attention to detail
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OR STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Requires ability to compare and/or judge the readily observable, functional, structural or compositional characteristics, whether similar to or divergent from obvious standards of data, people, or objects/things.
- Requires the ability of speaking and/or signaling people to convey or exchange information. Includes receiving assignments and/or directions from supervisor
- Requires ability to read a variety of policy and procedure manuals, computer manuals, reference materials, etc. Requires the ability to enter data into computer and to prepare reports, correspondences, forms, records, etc. with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech.
- Requires the ability to apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of independent judgments in the absence of supervisor; to acquire knowledge of topics related to primary occupation. Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret received information and the ability to comprehend and implement basic office machinery functions.
- Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with persons of varying educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Requires the ability to add and subtract totals, to multiply and divide, to determine percentages and decimals, to determine time. Must be able to use practical applications of fractions, percentages, ratio, and proportion.
- Requires the ability to coordinate hands and eyes rapidly and accurately in using automated office equipment and communications machinery.
- Requires the ability to handle a variety of items including computer keyboards, office equipment, control knobs, switches, etc. Must have minimal levels of eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under moderate to high stress when confronted with an emergency, tight deadline, or difficult customer. The worker is subject to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
- Requires the ability to talk and to hear (talking defined as expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words and hearing defined as perceiving nature of sounds by ear). Must be able to hear and understand communications through a telephone.
- This position has access to confidential information including proprietary, financial, customer, and personnel/employee records. Requires the ability to maintain confidentiality and utmost discretion.
We support a drug free work environment