R.O. Anderson Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary consulting firm, specializing in civil engineering, hydrology and hydraulics, water resources, surveying, land use and environmental planning, hazard mitigation planning, landscape architecture and residential design. The firm maintains offices in Minden, Nevada and Reno, Nevada. This full-time position will work from either our Reno, Nevada or Minden, Nevada office.
The Senior Engineer will serve in both account and project management roles. The professional will develop scopes of work, budgets, plans, as well as execution and delivery of projects on time, on budget and to the performance expectations of the client. The Senior Engineer will work closely with existing accounts, listening to their concerns and developing solutions to address their needs. The professional will also play a key role in the continued growth of the firm by identifying and developing new accounts and/or projects. The position involves the overall management of individual projects, including working with junior staff on production and assisting in their professional development.
• Minimum of 7 years of related experience with land development and municipal engineering projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from an accredited U.S. institution.
• Full Professional Engineer (P.E.) Designation required
• Experience and skills in:
o Project Management
o Team and people management, including working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
o Client attraction, management and retention
o Contract Administration, including preparation of cost estimates, bid preparation, contracts, and progress estimate preparation
• Knowledge and experience in development approval processes, including experience working with approval authorities at all levels.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office,
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil3D
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
• Strong report writing skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Analytical thinker, creative problem solver, able to think outside the box
• Self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to delivering high quality results. • Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Salary DOE/DOQ All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
• Group medical and dental insurance plans – 100% employer paid for employee and assistance with dependents
• Employer-paid long-term disability insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Personal-Time-Off (PTO)
• Self-directed 401K plan with employer match
• Flexible medical spending account (FSA, DCA, and HSA)
• Monthly profit sharing
• Educational financial assistance
• Licensure assistance
• Paid professional and technical association dues
• Employer-paid Costco membership