The Draftsman will be responsible for providing detailed drawings for use in the shop fabrication of steel. This position will report to the Engineering Department Manager.
- Efficiently produce detailed fabrication drawings from layout drawings (provided by others).
- Prepare bills of material and assist with the material purchasing process as needed.
- Assist with inventory control including supplies, parts, and products.
- Interact with shop personnel in regards to questions and drawing interpretation.
- Assist with other areas of drafting such as conveyors, chutes, etc.
- Nest plate and angles for our CNC machinery.
- Check drawings as needed.
- Experience and or knowledge detailing industrial type structural steel, chutes, hoppers, misc. steel and plate work
- 2-year experience with AutoCAD 2010 or newer
- Experience in Autocad Advance steel and ProNest cnc plate nesting software is a plus.
- Ability to read design drawings
- Familiarity with structural steel, stairs and railings, and general fabrication principles
- Possess an eagerness to develop AutoCAD and additional drafting skills
- Strong organization, time management, accuracy and detail orientation skills
The Draftsman position is Full Time. The hours are Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with a one hour lunch.
Your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.