Tekgard is an ISO 9001:2008 Small Business that specializes in engineering customized thermal management solutions for government and industrial applications. Located in central Pennsylvania, Tekgard has a state-of-the-art facility with over 90,000 square feet dedicated to designing, manufacturing and testing. With over 10,000 environmental control systems deployed worldwide, Tekgard takes pride in providing a quality product that is reliable and capable of performing in any environmental condition. We stand ready to be your trusted partner and provide innovative solutions to your requirements.
The Product Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for the following as it relates to Environmental Control Units and Trailer Systems:
• Product performance, reliability, serviceability and user features.
• Product cost and manufacturability
• Refrigeration design concept and component sizing utilizing internal resource of experienced Refrigeration Engineer
• Electrical/Control design concept, schematic and component selection utilizing internal resource of experienced Electrical Engineer
• If PLC required, responsible for control strategy and documentation utilizing internal resource of experienced Control Engineer
• Mechanical Design, including customer interfaces and internal structure to meet any customer environmental requirements (Shock and Vibration, etc.).
• Work with Mechanical Designer to get drawings/models for material purchase (metal, foam, custom parts)
• Product build documentation – Utilize designers for generation of shop floor assembly documentation
• Product test procedures and production test data sheets to ensure build quality and product performance
• Product Operations and Maintenance Manual utilizing internal resource of Tech Writer
• Production interface during first build – Collect and incorporate shop floor feedback
BS degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent job experience.
3-5 years of experience minimum in areas related to the responsibilities defined above.