Tekgard is an ISO 9001:2008 Small Business that specializes in engineering customized thermal management solutions for government and industrial applications. Located in central Pennsylvania, Tekgard has a state-of-the-art facility with over 90,000 square feet dedicated to designing, manufacturing and testing. With over 10,000 environmental control systems deployed worldwide, Tekgard takes pride in providing a quality product that is reliable and capable of performing in any environmental condition. We stand ready to be your trusted partner and provide innovative solutions to your requirements.
The Manager of Engineering and Quality reports to the General Manager and directs the work of the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical Designers, Quality Engineering, and Quality Control personnel. Responsible for developing, leading, and maintaining the technical staff needed to produce innovative designs of mobile power generation and environmental control while expanding Tekgard’s intellectual properties with emphasis on innovation, safety reliability, quality, expediency, and efficiency throughout all phases of the product life cycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the Engineering and Quality Budget
a. Draft an annual budget request including personnel and capital expenditures
b. Set and Meet Cost of Quality and Cost of Engineering Goals
• Develop, review, and/or approve standardized product engineering and design procedures.
• Develop, review, and/or approve engineering department policies and procedures including drawing standards, BOM protocols, document storage, and product standards.
• Identify, communicate, manage, and mitigate project technical, financial, and schedule risks.
• Measures and meets goals for on-time delivery of “Project Deliverables” to internal and external customers
• Measures and meets goals for quality of “Project Deliverables” to internal and external customers
• Staff, train, and develop engineering personnel to design Environmental Control Unit housings that optimize product safety and the cost of manufacturing while exceeding customer or product specifications.
• Staff, train, and develop engineering personnel to provide analysis through 3-D structural simulation modeling, computation fluid dynamics, and other modeling tools.
• Staff, train, and develop engineering personnel to generate assembly documentation.
• Staff, train, and develop quality personnel to review and approve engineering deliverables including design analysis, 3-D models, drawings, specification sheets, and manufacturing documentation is sufficiently defined and that materials and workmanship comply.
• Staff, train, and develop quality personnel to develop, document, and execute product qualification plans, product quality assurance plans, quality investigations, root cause analysis, and corrective actions using proven practices such as Deming’s 14 Principles, Shainin System for Quality, etc.
• Manage assigned personnel including performance appraisals, coaching, discipline and resource planning
• Insure all assigned personnel have the requisite training and provide opportunities for development. Identify individuals who need improvement and provide training and/or mentoring.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at world-class manufacturing levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent; minimum 5 years related management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with industrial environmental control systems.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing including product design, fabrication, and assembly
Minimum 5 years of experience in sheet metal design and fabrication
Minimum 5 years of experience in quality planning & quality control with ISO9000 or AS9100 certification
Minimum 5 years of hands on experience utilizing an ERP system to plan and control production schedule, inventory management, product bill of materials, product routings, etc.
Certificates and Licenses:
Professional Engineering License preferred
LEAN Certification preferred
ASQ Certification preferred
IT Project Management