The Applications Engineer will be a member of a residential project team assembled to analyze current HVAC system practices from inception to installation utilized by large home builders throughout the U.S and Canada. The incumbent will support the team through data analysis, code interpretation and design with manufacturing support in an effort to develop a new approach for the home builder to offer a state of the art engineered predictable and consistent energy star rated HVAC system that is not only virtually leak free but performs to spec with regard to energy consumption and air delivery characteristics.
Principal Functions and Duties
· Additional duties / projects as assigned
- Team member working in tandem with the project team, home builders and architects to develop energy efficient, engineered air delivery residential HVAC system that can be standardized as a package (model) and incorporated as part of the home blue prints.
- Development and technical lead of future program to continually work with home builders and architects on inclusion of standard HVAC system models, enhancements and construction considerations in design of home.
- Technical liaison between home builders and project team
- Data analysis and common practice identification of current residential HVAC system design and installation techniques.
- Residential code identification and outline as it relates to the HVAC system, current and future.
- Air flow characteristics, volume exchange and atmospheric analysis
- Consolidated system, duct and duct component design
- Focus on standardization of duct design
- Maintaining a positive and productive work environment
- Engaging and working with other team members and department heads to best mesh cross functions and initiatives creating optimum performance for all processes.
- Travel – estimate of 5% - 30% of time (Continental U.S.)
- 4 yr degree in Engineering or Architectural major
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- HVAC system design experience a plus
Experience with the Energy Star Home or LEED programs a plus
Send resumes to: email@example.com or fax to 724-310-1265
CAD-Drafting, Civil & Structural Engineering, General-Other: Engineering, Industrial-Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems-Process Engineering, Assembly-Assembly Line, General-Other: Production-Operations, Machining-CNC, Metal Fabrication and Welding, Production-Operations Planning
$70 per year